The 4 Stages Of Being A NaNoWriMo Writer

Some days are GREAT. Some days aren't.

9
NaNoWriMo.org

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it's awesome. But also a lot of work. Writers pledge to write 50,000 words in a month which roughly evens out to 1,667 words a day: which is insane. But it can also be a whole lot of fun. As one of the writers who is taking place in NaNoWriMo here are 3 stages that a writer participating in NaNoWriMo might find themselves in.

1. Super Motivated

These are the days where somehow you manage to write 7,000 words in one day and that if anyone even speaks to you'll make sure to let them know that they're interrupting your writing process. These days are draining but some of the best.

2. The day you don't care what the heck ends up on the paper as long as you meet your word count requirement.

You've been in classes all day and talking to people and you can barely think and then you remember that you've still got to write.

3. Coming to the conclusion that you're never going to finish on time and that your career and dreams are ending and that you'll probably die too just for good measure.

Yeah, it sucks.

4. You give up.

You're just done. No more writing will happen that day. Typically the writer can be found lying in bed, binge-watching their favorite TV show and refusing to think for the rest of the day. But somehow, the next day you're still going at it.

Writing is hard but one of the most fulfilling things in the world. If you want to write your own novel: DO IT. It doesn't matter whether you do it in a month, a year, or longer. If you want to do it, do it. All it takes is pushing yourself to actually take the step of sitting down, opening your laptop, and writing.

Happy NaNoWriMo everyone!!