Top 4 Black Metal Albums Of 2017

Top 4 Black Metal Albums Of 2017

Most of these are from last year but are great!

510
Top 4 Black Metal Albums Of 2017
Bing.com

Black Metal is a controversial genre ever since the Norwegian Black Metal scene in the early 90's. There is no denying that the Norwegian scene defined the Black Metal genre and influenced it modern day. Since then, there have been new sub-genres such as Symphonic Black Metal, Blackened Death Metal, Blackened Thrash Metal, Depressive Black Metal and Post-Black Metal. So, here I'm focusing on Black Metal and all the sub-genres of it. I'll be listing albums that were phenomenal from 2017.

1) Sacred Son- Sacred Son (2017)

Sacred Son is a Black Metal band from the United Kingdom. Formed in 2017, they achieved a lot of attention with their self-titled album but the reason why is because of their album cover. The album cover is a picture of the man behind the band posing for a vacation picture. This caused controversy within the black metal community because it wasn't your typical black metal cover. Musicians of the genre usually have an album cover of a dark, winter forest or a person dressed in black wearing corpse-paint. This allowed them to receive attention to the album, and the album is good so don't let the cover deceive you.

Dauþuz - Die Grubenmähre (2017)

Dauþuz is a German Black Metal formed in 2016. What make's Dauþuz different from other Black metal bands is their lyrical themes of historical mining. This is from their second album titled "Die Grubenmähre" the album is another good or even amazing black metal release. The album features amazing vocals, atmosphere and the instruments producing a nice melody to it. The album itself is in German though but it's still a great album.

3) Evilfeast-Elegies Of The Stellar Wind (2017)

Evilfeast is a one-man band from Poland, formed in 1998 and are one of the best atmospheric black metal bands since. Elegies Of The Stellar Wind is another great album from them and has one of those feelings that the genre should have. Here in this album, it has sounds that are reminiscent of bands from the early 90's of the Norwegian Black Metal scene. The opening track brings you into the beautiful atmosphere the song is making and defines what the album is. Listening to the album reminds me of Emperor a legendary Symphonic Black Metal band. This is good for fans of atmospheric music with extreme vocals. The album is great and brings the cold feeling that fans want.

4)Harakiri For The Sky- Arson (2018)

Harakiri For The Sky is a Post-Black Metal band from Austria. They have consistently put out good albums since their debut with their self-titled album. As with their previous albums, lyrically it focuses on heartbreak and sadness. The album has that amazing melody, expression of emotion that makes it beautiful. Songs such as "You are the Scars", "Stillborn", "Fire, walk with me" and "Heroin Waltz" are notable captivating songs within the album.

Those were the albums of 2017 that are recommended to listen to. I have listed some variety of the genre including Atmospheric, Post-Black Metal, and regular Black Metal. Maybe you enjoyed some of these songs on the list, for even a second. Do consider supporting these artists if you enjoyed any of these listed albums.