4 Easy Ways To Destress This Finals Week

Take a moment for yourself to relax!

9
Woman sitting on her bed with books all around her.

This semester, I feel as if I have been more stressed than ever before. And with finals approaching soon, I'm trying to keep my stress levels down with a few of these tips below. Even taking 5 minutes to yourself to refocus can make all the difference, which is something I think we all forget sometimes (myself included).

Escape in a good book.

I know it's super easy to sink into a favorite TV show to relax (believe me, I do it a lot), so if that works for you, then go ahead! But, this semester especially, I've been spending a lot more time in front of my laptop, and sometimes the last thing I want to do is stare at another screen to watch a show. So, I've been trying to get back into the habit of reading books- and I truly recommend this if you're feeling stressed. With a good book, you're bound to escape into an alternate reality where there's no pandemic, there's no exams, and there's no stress.

Try a new yoga routine.

For me, yoga is an activity that occupies both my mind and my body. As I'm doing the routine, I feel much more focused on my movements, and my worries start to drop away. As I've been incorporating yoga into my morning routine, I'm able to start my day with a clearer mind. It's definitely not easy to motivate myself to do this every single day, but I still find yoga to be an extremely energizing break from studying and I think you will too.

Meditate.

This is a practice I've been working on for a while- but I often struggle with making time for meditation because it feels difficult to try and empty your mind while sitting there. But there have also been times where meditation has really helped to bring me into the present moment and forget what I'm stressing about! So, I definitely would recommend this especially if you feel like you have a lot of thoughts swirling in your brain.

Engage in a hobby- old or new.

Another great thing that can lower stress is getting back into an old hobby you've neglected this semester or starting a new one! I personally love to paint but I don't get to that much during a semester. But reaching for my artistic side always brings me relaxation because it allows me to forget everything else and focus on what I'm painting. And any hobby, no matter what it is, can pull you out of your worries and allow you to recharge.