The 4 Coaches Every Athlete Encounters

The 4 Coaches Every Athlete Encounters

Because a Coach Makes a Team

13
The 4 Coaches Every Athlete Encounters
pexels.com

Anyone who has played sports their entire life can attest to the fact that coaches have an incredible impact on our love of a sport. A respected coach has the power to push us further than we could ever go on our own. The best coaches motivate us to pursue greatness even when we do not believe in our own abilities. But, as you probably know - not every coach is equal.

Without further ado, here's a list of four coaches that every athlete encounters over their athletic career.

1. The Hothead

This is the coach that’s pacing along the sideline and screaming their guts out regardless of what’s happening in the game. This coach’s ideology is that the harder they push, the better their players will become, but in the end this coach’s negative attitude creates an atmosphere on the team that strikes fear rather than respect in the heart of their players.

2. The Push-over

This is the coach that lets their players run the team. They’re so invested in trying to get their players to like them that they lack any type of true authority. They can’t cut someone’s playing time or force players to work hard because they'd rather be your friend than your coach.

3. The Parent.

This can either be the worst or the best type of coach. They’re the entry-level coach with the not so hidden interest of promoting their kid’s ability on the team. This coach walks a fine line between being a parent to their child and being a coach to their team.

4. The Encourager

This is the type of coach that makes sports worth playing. They’re always in your corner and the lead with the mentality that they want you to succeed as an individual as well as a player.

The responsibility of being a coach is not one that should be taken lightly. Over the course of a season a team quickly becomes your family and the head of that team can make or break the team’s dynamic.

The best of coaches are trusted, respected, and love - but every athlete knows, every coach is different.