3 Ways to Create a Killer Influencer Pitch

How to convince brands to work with you

128
Bruce Mars

There are thousands of influencers out there, be it on Instagram, YouTube, or Facebook. Then there are those who aspire to be influencers but don't know where to start or how to convince clients. The truth is that it's really not that hard to talk to brands and get sponsorships and free vacations. You just have to have a killer pitch.

Let's look at the top three proven ways to create a killer influencer pitch.

1. Get Visual

If you're trying to convince a brand to work with you, it's not enough to just say "I take great photos." You have to have actual samples that reflect the same work you're offering to do for them.

Make sure you have a great portfolio either on a website (for which you can use Wordpress or Squarespace).

photo via Ig Mark

If you really want to impress them, go for a custom whiteboard animation. Why? Because people are visual creatures. You can speak on the phone and explain how you'll help a hotel increase their Instagram followers but unless they see it in front of them with drawings and a visual explanation, they won't be convinced.

Using an animation that explains your services is a next-level approach that will really set you apart from the competition.

2. Have your numbers ready

Any successful pitch includes numbers. Of course, you'll need a dash of charisma to go with them, you wouldn't want to send a dozen statistics with a dry explanation, but you have to have numbers.

Show the client what you've successfully worked on before. For example, if you've advertised watches on Instagram with a special promo code, show in a neat table how many sales your code has gained over a period of time

photo via Lukas

You can do this nicely by using colorful charts and graphs from websites like Canva. There's a high degree of security and confidence that numbers will give you in your pitch.

If you nail their presentation, you'll be golden.

3. Talk about the outcome for the brand

Ultimately, businesses care about what you can do forthem . While you speak about your past accomplishments and sales you've made for other brands, incorporate an explanation of how this relates to the particular business in question.

For example, if you say: "I sold 100 watches for Brand X," follow it up with: "Based on my expertise and your product, I project sales of 120 at least."

Make sure that you show your interest in the brand/ product and demonstrate that you have their interest in mind.

If you're looking for a free stay at a hotel, don't lead in with: "I'd love to stay at your beautiful hotel." Why? Because this statement sounds self-focused. The hotel will think that you only care about your vacation.

photo via Julius Silver

Instead, say: "I love your boutique concept and I think you've got great potential which can be translated into sales with the right social media exposure."

Make the brand feel special, reinforce their idea. Show that you care about them.

Take these three approaches and incorporate them into your pitch. If you get visual, show the numbers and demonstrate that you care about the business, you'll be a successful influencer.