3 Must-Watch Christmas Episodes To Watch On Netflix

Be merry & watch!

34

The Christmas season is such a great time spent with family and friends. Playing board games, cooking together, shopping... the list can go on and on. All of this quality time is wonderful, yet this time can take a toll. Sometimes we all need a little break from this Christmas break madness. All of us like a little time to ourselves too. Retiring to the comfort of our own room during a gloomy day to turn on that magical little screen that gives us all the entertainment we need for hours on end. So grab all of the junk food out of your mom and dad's pantry, your warmest blankets, and your utmost Christmas spirit and turn on some Netflix! In no particular order, here's a list of some of the best Christmas-themed episodes you can find on the streaming service.

1. "The Office" - Season 2, Episode 10, Christmas Party

In this episode, Michael is up to his usual antics with a Christmas party that is sure to break many company policies. The employees are busy decorating and preparing for the party while Michael has plans of his own for Secret Santa. He decides to make everyone steal each other's gifts instead. With a sentimental teapot, a pot holder, and a new iPod in the mix, the gift exchange was quite the hilarious disaster. Since his ideas quicker turned the party sour, Michael buys out the party with the purchase of some liquor.

2. "How I Met Your Mother" - Season 2, Episode 11, How Lily Stole Christmas

With family issues bothering Ted, he decides to spend Christmas with his "other family", meaning Lily and Marshall. Lily is busy decorating their apartment and Marshall is consumed with the hectic realities of finals week in law school. While Marshall is away, Lily discovers messages from when she and Marshall were broken up, only to find some very unsettling words about her. Meanwhile, Barney is much too sick for any Christmas parties to speak of.

3. "Gilmore Girls" - Season 7, Episode 1, Santa's Secret Stuff

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F09%2F636169003352386545111631333_gilmore-girls-santas-secret-01-1450928921.jpg%3Fquality%3D.8%26height%3D350%26width%3D500&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=239&h=45402d0ac1beea9342d4de330afe60f6002107ee121c59a0ccb0ec648ec4cebf&size=980x&c=56145359 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F09%252F636169003352386545111631333_gilmore-girls-santas-secret-01-1450928921.jpg%253Fquality%253D.8%2526height%253D350%2526width%253D500%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D239%26h%3D45402d0ac1beea9342d4de330afe60f6002107ee121c59a0ccb0ec648ec4cebf%26size%3D980x%26c%3D56145359%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

Just as a reminder, this episode takes place in the midst of Lorelai and Christopher's late-series relationship. They, however, are on a break for the holidays due to the craziness of well... them. Rory is in London in the meantime and returns home for Christmas in the episode. On top of all of this, Luke asks Lorelai to write a letter of recommendation for the court case he is involved in for partial custody of April. Keep in mind, this is not the most smooth of times for Lorelai and Luke. Despite all of the ensuing plot lines, the episode still has such a Christmas cheer to it and the small town of Star Hollow all decorated with lights is so charming.