3 Things I Did To Keep Myself Occupied While I Self-Quarantined

All that just to end up testing negative.

33

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an article about what it was like to get tested for coronavirus and I realized that I had never provided an update. After spending about a week in my room quarantining, I found out that I had tested negative and was able to leave isolation.

The week I spent quarantining was extremely long and boring but I found some ways to keep myself occupied while waiting for my test results and I thought I would share them in case anyone has to go through something similar.

Attempting To Teach Myself How To Code

I am not a STEM major or someone who is great with technology. Despite this, I decided that while I was stuck in my room, I might as well be productive and attempt to teach myself how to code. I used a free website called freecodecamp.org and spent hours typing in random symbols and letters to learn how to change the color of text and make shapes move.

While I ultimately didn't finish the course and do not know how to code, it kept me distracted and engaged in something other than checking my phone every five seconds to see whether or not my results had come in. If you are quarantining and want something to do that will use brain power, I would totally recommend trying to teach yourself how to code. Hopefully you'll get farther than I did!

Watching Cody Ko Videos

Everyone who is reading has probably heard of Cody Ko but because I am not someone who watches a ton of YouTube, I discovered Cody Ko while trapped in my room. His "That's Cringe" videos made me tear up from laughing so hard and were a great way to keep me distracted. Although his Girl Defined reaction videos are the most popular my favorite video is the one where he reacts to a video called You.

If you like hearing funny commentary while watching videos that make you cringe, watching Cody Ko videos is definitely a great way to keep you entertained while quarantining.

Playing Beat Blade

I am not one for phone games however, quarantine gave me plenty of time to explore some popular ones and my favorite was one called Beat Blade. This game is like Subway Surfers except you listen to popular songs and attempt to hit blocks that match the beat and avoid hitting spikes.

I originally saw this game on TikTok, where it was used as part of a trend where people would confront their significant others via text and then play this game and ignore their responses. Although I haven't used it for that purpose, I still found the game really fun to play and have ended up becoming addicted.

If you are stuck in your room and bored with playing Subway Surfers, I recommend trying out this game.

These three activities along with the obvious one of watching Tik Tok were great in helping me stay entertained while stuck in quarantine. I sincerely hope no one has to go through something like this but if you start feeling symptomatic or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, please get tested and isolate yourself to keep the people you live with safe.

Stay positive and test negative!