26 Rules I've Learned to Live By

26 Rules I've Learned to Live By

18, it's a big number, but not the lessons learned

18
26 Rules I've Learned to Live By
The Keep Calm-O-Matic

College has been a ball and with the clock winding down on my first year, I thought I'd share with you the rules that I've learned to live by in my short existence. It's not easy and people say that you can't live how you want, well I've broken those rules just a bit and came up with my own. So, 25 rules in 18 years. I could go on, but I decided not to bore you with them.

25 Rules I’ve Learned to Live By

1. I can’t please everyone, so why bother?
  2. I need to live my life, not someone else’s version.
  3. You can’t kick a girl who’s already down, but she gets stronger every time because she keeps building herself back up.
  4. I don’t need to be better than you, I let you come to that conclusion all on your own.
  5. Life is better with friends (and wine).
  6. I may not be the pretty one, but I don’t need a man.
  7. Plan for what you want.
  8. It’s better to be alone by yourself than alone in a crowd.
  9. I can’t get where I want if I don’t do it myself.
  10. Friends come and go, but an education is forever.
  11. Laughing, even during the hard times can save you more than you know.
  12. Doing the thing that scares you most can be your saving grace.
  13. Asking for help isn’t a weakness, it’s a strength.
  14. Always head slap yourself for being stupid. If Gibbs’ can’t be there to do it for you (or bang your head on something hard).
  15. The world won’t disappear over night, live life
  16. Animals make life better
  17. Give everyone you see a smile
  18. There is only one me in life, it’d be a shame to waste
  19. Screaming your head off doesn't do anything but make you hoarse and slightly crazy, but it sure let's out some problems
  20. Live, Love, Laugh, Eat, Sleep
  21. If there is a stash of chocolate somewhere, chances are it's not your you...so DON'T TOUCH IT!
  22. Be silly, be stupid, be crazy, you won't get another chance to
  23. Carve out your own path, there's no need to follow the others.
  24. C'est la Vie
  25. When stressed, look at pictures of baby animals
  26. Carpe Diem