A letter to myself after my 20th year around the sun
Life Stages

A Letter To My 20th Year

Thank you, Next

337
A Letter To My 20th Year

Dear 20th year,

That was a rough one. Could have dodged some bullets there if you stopped thinking you were too adult to listen to others. I know you didn't mean too, there were a lot of other influences involved. You remembered that you need to love yourself more than everyone else. To tend to your own garden while attending to others too. To never loose yourself in someone else. Be authentic to yourself at all times. Scream, Laugh, Sing, whenever you wish too. Live in the moment and stop being so concerned with issues that are not current.

To finally doing what you have been dreaming of. It's your time, there's no one stopping you, but you. Do not let those to enter your life that do not unconditionally support and love you. Those that do are not worth and energy that they will end up draining you of. Remember to always stand your ground, and never feel guilty for doing so. Year 20 was a year of growth. Year 21 is the bloom. Do not let last year's downfalls follow you into this year.

The 20thyear was not any easier than the 19thyear. But every experience was needed. Your Nineteen and twenty are the two years that "nothing seems to change". Year eighteen you are an adult. Your break at work has gotten shorter. People started to look at you like an equal and less like a kid, but they still look out for you. Year twenty-one you are officially an adult. You are now able to go out to the bar if you choose too and the world is your oyster. Year twenty and nineteen are the growing year. You wish them away and pray for a brighter day. But make sure you enjoy them, because before you know it, they're gone.