Albums To Look Forward To In 2019

10 Indie/Pop Albums To Look Forward To In 2019

It's gonna be another good year in the music industry!

34

2018 was a great year for the indie/pop scene. With the overwhelming amount of album announcements that have followed us into the new year, its no doubt that 2019 is going to be just as good. Here's just the tip of the iceberg:

1. Maggie Rogers - "Heard It In A Past Life"

Twitter

Maggie released her first full-length studio album in January and it is fantastic. She experienced a rise to fame about two years ago when Pharrell Williams noticed her song "Alaska," and she has been gaining exposure ever since. She is supporting Mumford & Sons on some tour dates this year.

Album | Tour

2. Weezer - The Teal Album & The Black Album

Instagram

Weezer released their Teal Album in January. This album is compiled of remakes of old songs, including their rendition of Africa. The Black Album is set to be released in March and is rumored as being the exact opposite of the White Album.

The Teal Album | The Black Album | Tour

3. Ariana Grande - "thank u, next"

Instagram

Following the release of Sweetener in 2018, Ariana Grande immediately started writing again, with plans to release "thank u, next" in February. She has already released "thank u, next," "7 rings," and "imagine" as promotional songs for the album.

Album | Tour

4. Hozier - "Wasteland, Baby!"

Twitter

It's been 5 years since we've gotten a full length album from Hozier. He graced our ears with his EP, Nina Cried Power, in late 2018, as well as a few other singles, but I am beyond ecstatic for another full project. It's been too long!

Album | Tour

5. Billie Eilish - "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?"

Twitter

Billie Eilish has been releasing music since 2016, and 2019 will finally bring us her full-length debut album. She released "you should see me in a crown" and "when the party's over" in late 2018 as singles for the album, and just released "bury a friend" in late January with the album preorder. It's expected to drop in March.

Album | Tour

6. Cage The Elephant - "Social Cues"

Instagram

Announced just the other day, "Social Cues" will drop in April as Cage The Elephant's fifth studio album, and the first one since "Tell Me I'm Pretty" was released in 2015.

Album | Tour

7. The 1975 - "Notes on a Conditional Form"

Instagram

Following the release of "A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships," The 1975 announced their plans to release "Notes on a Conditional Form" in summer of 2019. Lead singer Matty Healy says the album will be "influenced by British nighttime culture" and that it holds "one of his best lyrics ever."

8. Tame Impala

Instagram

In January, Tame Impala announced that they were a headliner at this summer's Coachella music festival. Their instagram announcement was captioned "New year. New shows. New sounds." Tame Impala has not released a full length album since Currents in 2015.

Tour

9. Vampire Weekend - "Father of the Bride"

Instagram

At Lollapalooza in August of 2018, Ezra Koenig announced that Vampire Weekend's fourth studio album was done. This will be the band's first album release since Modern Vampires of the City's release in 2013.

Tour

10. The Japanese House - "Good at Falling"

Instagram

Amber Bain has been releasing music since 2015, with EPs like Pools To Bathe In and Saw You In A Dream, but her first full-length album will be released this March.

Album | Tour

Hopefully, these releases get you excited for new sounds in 2019. What albums are you looking forward to?