In 2016 Dating Isn't A Thing

In 2016 Dating Isn't A Thing

But seriously, one minute you're dating, then next you're his side-chick.

102
In 2016 Dating Isn't A Thing
Colourbox.com

There is one thing I will never be able to fully wrap my head around and that is dating in 2016. For one, it isn't even really dating, it's more like talking to each other in the meantime until we find someone else hotter. Now-a-days relationships face so many distractions such as receiving an inappropriate Snapchat or liking an attractive girls Instagram picture, and don't forget about Tinder (the ultimate cliche of online dating). It's purely a recipe for disaster and eventually leads to being single. But maybe being single isn't so bad. Here's a few reasons why dating in this generation is completely overrated.

1. You have no idea what your title really is with him.

You tell people we're just "talking" or we're just texting, but deep down you're dying to know what you really mean to him. Nothing is ever clarified, it's a constant guessing game of if you're his #1 or side-chick. Get clarity, don't settle for someone who isn't willing to proudly show you off.

2. You don't know whether to show you have feelings or pretend like you don't.

He tells you he likes you, but once you start showing your feelings back he completely runs in the opposite direction. Yet the second you start to give him the cold shoulder he's blowing up your phone like your more important than Fantasy Football (aka you're a pretty big deal). It shouldn't take ignoring him for him to show he's interested, go for someone who shares mutual feelings with you and is completely okay letting you know he likes you.

3. He tells you he wants nothing serious

(This one hits home, if I had a penny for every time I heard this I would be a millionaire. Not even kidding.) Now you're yet again confused whether you're his girlfriend or friend with benefits. Then once he tells you he wants nothing serious, he sends mixed signals by asking you on dates, calling you babe, and showing you off on his Snapchat stories (UGH...make up your mind already). If a guy wants nothing serious don't try and change him, move onto someone else who treats you like a priority and wants to take you seriously.

4. He texts you non-stop one day and then goes a week without even talking to you

He can spend the entire day texting you back within minutes, and sending you cute heart emojis, and then when you're expecting that "good morning" text it turns into going a week without hearing from him (and he's totally okay with it when you ask why you haven't talked). Don't accept this. You are worth getting that "good morning" text, and it's not worth stressing over someone who doesn't even realize you haven't talked in a week.

5. If you're not that "cool" laid back girl all the time, you're "too much work for him"

If you're not always in a good mood, or you call him more than once a day, you're "too much" for him. If you don't go hours without talking, or always making funny conversation (which is complete small talk) you're making things complicated. And then when you're trying to have a real conversation with him, about what you guys are, he tells you this isn't what he signed up for and it's too much drama. Once again, if he can't have a serious conversation to make it clear what you are, then dump him. No matter what, you're not too much work, if anything he should be working for your attention.

So here I'll end my rant about the idiotic world of dating in 2016. But, in case you choose to go down that path, just always be super cool, text him once a week, and whatever you do, don't even mention feelings, if you do, you might as well forget talking to him ever again.

All jokes aside, if you are in a relationship or you're "talking" to someone, know what you mean to him, and know the expectations of what it really is.

All in all, no guy is worth feeling worthless for.