20 Ways To Be Eco-Friendly While You're At School
Politics

You'll definitely be making a difference by following these steps!

9
pexels

Are you getting ready for the new school year? Have you been wanting to live a greener lifestyle but haven't been able to find the ways to get started? Well, you're in luck. Here is a list of ways that you can be greener while you're at college!

1. Purchase a thermos or a reusable cup and bring it to fill up your coffee instead of using a disposable cup.

In some cases, the charge will be less if you bring your own container and you're also saving several cup from ending up in the trash!

2. If you're in charge of the air conditioning in your dorm room, turn it off when you're away at classes.

3. If you have the air conditioning running, keep any windows closed to stop wasting any extra cold air from escaping and being wasted.

4. Work with your financial aid online rather than using paper.

5. Experiment with different ways to shorten the length of your showers.

I usually take a shower every day, but I only use shampoo and conditioner every other day (for example, let's say I wash my hair Monday night, so then the next time I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner is Wednesday!).

6. If you are in charge of the heating in your room and you get cold, then try to wear sweaters and blankets instead of turning up the heat.

7. Get a house plant.

8. Look into your college's clubs and see if there is a place to put your compost.

9. Turn off your lights when you're not using them.

10. Try to put the maximum amount of clothing into the washer to not waste water.

11. Instead of using perfume, try to use natural essential oils.

12. Recycle your old notes instead of burning them or throwing them out.

13. Recycle your bottles and use silverware instead of plastic utensils.

14. Try to purchase used books and e-books instead of new books.

In some cases, they cost a lot less anyway!

15. If you want to, if you see cigarette butts, pick them up and throw them out.

Some animals eat them and will get sick/or die.

16. Support and buy from products that can be recycled and do not use toxic chemicals.

17. Ride a bike or walk to classes instead of using a car, or if you need to use a car, then carpool with others.

18. When you go shopping at the grocery store, bring a re-usable bag with you instead of using plastic shopping bags.

19. Turn off your laptop completely when you go to bed.

20. Wash your laundry in cold water unless it needs to be washed in hot.

It will say it on the tag!

If you are interested in finding other ways to be green while you are at home or while you are at school, there are many ways! Figure out your options and see what it is that you can do to help do your part in saving the earth! Thank you for your time and good luck this year!