It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
10 years later, I finally got to see Taylor Swift in concert. Let me tell you she does not disappoint. But I'm sure you've heard all about her concerts and I'm sure you've all seen pictures and videos all over social media. Do you know what you don't see though? What happens before, during and after seeing Taylor live. "So it goes"....a little like this. "Are you ready for it?"
1. Buying the tickets.Giphy
If you know about Taylor Swift she makes you work for her tickets, I had to sign up and watch videos all day everyday to move up the list for pre sale tickets.
2. Listening to Taylor Swift all day everyday on repeat.Giphy
Taylor sang one different song during her Reputation tour. You have got to make sure that you know all the lyrics to every single one of her songs. She sang change at the concert I went to but the day before she sang 22.
3. Buying Taylor Swift merchandise for the concert.Giphy
Taylor Swift af from head to toe.
4. Making signs for the concert.Giphy
How can you even think to cheer on Taylor Swift without a sign of some sort?
5. Pre-gaming and tail-gating her concert.Giphy
It's a mini concert with you and your crew before the actually concert.
6. Buying more merch when you get there.Giphy
Because that extra $90 that I spent was 100% worth it.
7. Having to sit through the opening acts.Giphy
Possibly the worst thing ever, because you're so close to her coming out but still so fat away. Also, Charli XCX and Camila Cabello were so good, but not Taylor.
8. When you hear her music start to play.Giphy
Get your phones ready because she's about to come out.
9. FINALLY seeing Taylor Swift perform.Giphy
It been week and a half and I'm speechless still, let me just say words cannot describe how excited I was and how amazing she was. I actually cried when she sang Love Story and You Belong With Me.
10. Leaving the concert.Giphy
Hands down the saddest thing ever.
11. Going through your pictures and videos.Giphy
Mini concert part 2
12. Waking up the next day with mixed feelings.Giphy
Are you happy that you saw her? Sad that it's over? Too tired to feel anything?
13. Constantly talking about it whenever you can.Giphy
So this one time at a Taylor Swift concert...