20 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

20 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

310
20 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

1. You owned 100+ Polly Pockets.

Don’t deny it.

2. The first CD you ever owned was Backstreet Boys or NSYNC.

3. You’ve seen every episode of Lizzie McGuire and owned some article of clothing related to the show

4. On that note, The Lizzie McGuire Movie changed your life.

When she SLAYS “What Dreams Are Made Of” you just can’t help but sing along (because you still know every single word). And here it is - you're welcome.

5. You were on AOL Instant Messenger 24/7.

And your username was something like “candygirl1996” (mine was squiggles96…don’t think I’ll ever live it down).

6. Classic Disney Channel is SO important to you. That’s So Raven, Suite Life, Hannah Montana…

7. You owned a Juicy tracksuit.

8. “Nobody’s Perfect” will never stop being your jam.

9. You still think of Lindsay Lohan as the person she was in the early 2000s – in other words, the girl you loved in Mean Girls and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.

10. You had big dreams to audition for American Idol.

11. The High School Musical movies gave you extremely unrealistic expectations for high school.

Sadly, everyone doesn’t actually break out into song and dance at lunch. #sticktothestatusquo, people. And remember, we’re all in this together.

12. Zanessa’s breakup destroyed your faith in love.

13. You remember a world in which we did not yet know the ending of Harry Potter.

Harry is the final horcrux? There are “deathly hallows”?? Harry named one of his kids Albus Severus??????

14. Your most prized possession was the first-edition iPod Nano or iPod Mini.

15. Livestrong bracelets practically became a black market.

You couldn’t go anywhere in my elementary school without seeing kids with their arms completely COVERED in those bracelets.

16. You still love the original JB.

(I know, this is more mid-2000s, but I couldn’t resist.)

17. You remember how bizarre it was when the first iPhone came out and how everyone had Blackberrys.

18. Drake & Josh made you wish your siblings were that fun.

19. You’re so excited about the Finding Nemo and The Incredibles sequels you don’t know what to do with yourself.

20. It freaks you out that the year 2030 is as far away as the year 2000.