20 Reasons Why Being Home For Thanksgiving Is The Best

You know you're dying to be back home already.
21

Thanksgiving Break: AKA the time that we’ve all been waiting for eagerly for the past few weeks. There are so many different reasons why being home for Thanksgiving break is the best; here are 20.

1. The food

Oh how I'm looking forward to getting away from the crappy slices of Kanbar pizza and 75 cent boxes of pasta and being able to eat real food again. Remember when we used to complain about our parents' cooking? Now we cherish it, every home-cooked meal feels like a gift. And we all know Thanksgiving dinner is a feast in itself.

2. Seeing your pets again

I have two fat cats and the two cutest pups waiting for me at home and I can’t wait to be reunited with them again. Instead of eagerly pointing out every dog I see around campus, I’m looking forward to snuggling up with my little fur babies.

3. Having your parents pay for you

As broke college students, even a $10 decision seems like kind of a big deal. And hey when you have $20 in your checking account and are eating not much more than 75 cent boxes of pasta, every dollar can seem like a hundred. Having your parents pay for necessities such as food and toiletries again will be a blessing.

4. Catching up with your friends from your hometown

And hear about everything that they've been up to.

5. Seeing your siblings

As much as we all may not want to admit it, we all do miss our siblings and look forward to seeing them again. Even if we act like we’re constantly annoyed with them.

6. The food

I know I mentioned this one earlier but it's important enough that I think it needs to be mentioned again.

7. Not having to stress about school

No rushing to class because you overslept or fretting about exams!

8. Being able to sleep in

Goodbye, alarm clock.

9. Sleeping in your bed again

My uncomfortable, tiny bed in my on-campus townhouse is one of the things that I’m looking forward to getting away from over break the most. Stretching out in my cozy bed at home will be absolute heaven.

10. Did I mention the food?

Thanksgiving feasts, meals out, having a seemingly endless pantry stocked by your mom! Please tell me who isn’t looking forward to this more than anything.

11. Being able to drive places again

If you’re like me and you don’t have a car at school, being back at home and being able to drive again feels like complete freedom. And hey, no more $20 Uber rides all the time.

12. Having a break from the people at your school

Even if you love everyone at your school, it can be nice to get away and have a little break for a bit. You’ll be able to recenter and go back to school refreshed and re-energized to finish the semester.

13. Seeing your family

The only people you can be a total grouch around and they’ll still love you anyways.

14. Celebrating the beginning of the holiday season

My boyfriend and I are getting a Christmas tree together this year and I couldn’t be more excited. One of the best things about the holidays is decorating for them.

15. Black Friday (or Cyber Monday if you’re like me.)

Who is ready to get their shop on?

16. Family holiday traditions

Time to break out the chocolate-filled advent calendar.

17. The sweet treats

Calories don't count over Thanksgiving break, right?

18. Sharing a bathroom with way less people

Who really wants to wait to go to the bathroom when they first wake up because someone else is showering in the bathroom?

19. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

You know we all have our favorite floats.

20. Being home is just wonderful

After all- there's no place like home.