20 Painfully Relatable Songs

20 Painfully Relatable Songs

These songs will have you crying yourself to sleep for no reason.

15525
20 Painfully Relatable Songs
Photo by Yvette de Wit on Unsplash

Out of all the playlists and songs I have had over the years, these songs are either relate-able to everyone's life or have been at some point. While they're sad, they're all beautifully composed and sang and deserve appreciation whether they're relate-able to your life currently or not.

To listen to the whole playlist, check it out here.

1. Unwind \\ Healy

I’ve been working all week / No lie / Can't sleep and I don’t why

2. What You Do \\ James Gillespie

No work, no worries here / Everything's for free / When the world turns upside down / You should blame it on me

3. I'm Sorry \\ Joyner Lucas

How could you? / Maybe it's my fault / I should have paid more attention to what you been doing / Maybe I should have been more of an influence

4. Transpose \\ Bad Suns

Sleepless nights aren't new to me / All these thoughts are killing me / Someone come and put me to ease / All of my anxiety, there's no cause that I can see

5. The Other \\ Lauv

We fell from the peak / And the stars, they broke their code / I'm trying to forget / How I landed on this road / I'm caught in between

6. High Highs to Low Lows \\ Lolo Zouai

I'm not okay these days / Dreams come and go / I stay

7. Footprints \\ Molly Kate Kestner

You can take the road less travelled / Yeah, I'd probably do that too / But if you're lost and feeling broken / Through and through / You can follow the footprints I left for you

8. Breathe Me \\ Sia

Ouch, I have lost myself again / Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found / Yeah I think that I might break

9. Youth \\ Daughter

And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones / 'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs / Setting fire to our insides for fun

10. Figures \\ Jessie Reyez

I wish I could hurt you back / Love, what would you do if you couldn't get me back / You're the one who's gonna lose / Something so special, something so real

11. Unknown (To You) \\ Jacob Banks

Tell me that it's over / Tell me that you mean it / This time is true / Tell me that I'm unknown / To you

12. Bloodstream \\ The Chainsmokers

I gave up three times this week / Went through those feelings / Like I wasn't worth nothing

13. Liability \\ Lorde

They say, "You're a little much for me / You're a liability/You're a little much for me"

14. Bruises \\ Lewis Capaldi

I've been holding on to hope that you'll come back when you can find some peace / Cause every word that I've heard spoken since you left feels like a hollow street

15. Sorry \\ Aquilo

I left the light on so you could see me in the dark / But then it blinded us and left us who we are

16. Two Ghosts \\ Harry Styles

We're not who we used to be / We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me / Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

17. Heal \\ Tom Odell

Take my mind / And take my pain / Like an empty bottle takes the rain

18. The Burden \\ Weeping Willows

Jealousy is such a heavy burden / Sneaks into my soul and never sleeps

19. 9 Crimes \\ Damien Rice

Leave me out with the waste / This is not what I do / It's the wrong kind of place / to be thinking of you

20. Falling \\ The Civil Wars

Please tell me you know / I've got to let you go / I can't help falling out of love with you.