20 Conversation Starter Ideas For College Kids On Holiday Break
Winter Break

20 Life Questions To Ask Your Family Instead Of Hiding Behind Your Phone This Holiday Season

No more "so when are you going to get a boyfriend, sweetie" questions, am I right, sister?

340

We all have a memory of sitting at the table surrounded by our loved ones and hear the cringe-worthy questions of "What are you going to do after graduation?" and "It's been a while since you've had a boyfriend, you know _____?" The holidays are all about being with our families, not deep into our social media accounts. These questions will keep our families having fun and creating a no-phone-zone this holiday season

1.Tell us something nice you did for someone today?

Allow this to be a time to reflect on your day, if you can't list anything yourself... knock it out before today is over!

2. If you had three wishes, what would they be?

Silly, serious, big, or small.... we all want to be the United States President, right?

3. Would you rather fly, read minds, or live to 100?

100 years of eating mac n' cheese and binging on Netflix.. yes please!

4. Can you name the favorite color, movie, and food of everyone at this table?

Start studying now!

5. If you could snap your fingers and be anywhere in the world, where would you go?

"All the places I want to visit in this world by the snap of my fingers" A 1000 Page Novel Written by Heaven Nash

6. If you could trade places with your parents for a day, what would you do differently? 

Chose your words wisely on this one!

7. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?

Who would I be if my name was anything but Heaven Leigh Angel? Yep, you read that right.

8. If you could see your future, where will you be in ten years?

SOCCER MOM PLEASE

9. If you could be a famous person for a week, who would . you be and why?

Ellen DeGeneres, for the rest of my life please?

10. What is your favorite family tradition? why? 

Christmas baking aka ALL the chocolate covered pretzels, oh yes.

11. If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why?

Bring it back to fifth grade band camp with this one.

12. What has been the happiest day of your life so far and why?

Do we have to list just one?

13. What is the craziest thing you have ever eaten?

My five second rule might be 5 minutes or so.....

14. If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fried potatoes.

15.What is the most beautiful place you have ever seen?

*travels the world starting tomorrow*

16. What is your greatest talent or ability?

I can chug a trenta-sized Starbucks in a grand total of two minutes, does this count?

17. What is something you want to learn how to do and why?

Be a successful, stay-at-home, millionaire, body building, cat lady.

18. If you had the attention of the world for just 10 seconds, what would you say?

"My name is Heaven, student loans should be free, thank you for coming to my TedTalk."

19. Do you think you live to work or work to live?

This one is a good one, let your family think before answering this one.

20. How do you recharge?

We all have a way to recharge our body and soul's, some would say family is their answer to this one. Never let the holiday's lose their special meaning, even as we grow older. One day, we will look back and wish we could have one more Christmas spent with our loved ones.