20 Christmas Movies For The Holiday Season

It's not just a season, it's a lifestyle.

8
YBC Media

If your Christmas break isn't spent with at least a few afternoons watching Christmas-themed movies and specials, is it really even a Christmas break?! The 25 Days of Christmas Marathon has nothing on this ultimate list of Christmas specials to watch this holiday season. In no particular order, here are more than two days of Christmas movie watching to do, plus a little quote from each to put you into the spirit!

1. Elf

“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”

2. A Christmas Story

Mr. Parker: He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny.

Mother: He does not!

Mr. Parker: He does too, he looks like a pink nightmare!

3. It's a Wonderful Life

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

4. Home Alone

Check-out Woman: Are you here all by yourself?

Kevin: Ma'am, I'm eight years old. You think I would be here *alone*? I don't think so.

5. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

Kevin: Don't you know a kid always wins against two idiots?

6. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

7. The Nightmare Before Christmas

"Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"

8. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Charlie Brown: Thanks for the Christmas card you sent me, Violet.

Violet: I didn't send you a Christmas card, Charlie Brown.

Charlie Brown: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it?

9. Miracle on 34th Street

Dorey Walker: Susan.

Susan Walker: What?

Dorey: What else did you ask Mr. Kringle for?

Susan: A baby brother. See ya.

10. The Polar Express

"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."

11. Dr. Suess' How The Grinch Stole Christmas

"The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice! Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?"

12. The Santa Clause

Scott: Charlie, stay away from those things. They're reindeer, you don't know where they've been. They all look like they've got key lime disease.

13. The Santa Clause 2

Easter Bunny: I have 33,000 offspring, all in private school.

14. The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

Jack Frost: [to Scott] You get the Coca-Cola cans, you get the TV specials and what do I get? A few runny noses and some dead citrus.

15. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Mrs. Claus: Eat, Papa, eat.

Santa: How can I eat? That silly elf song is driving me crazy.

Mrs. Claus: You're going to disappoint the children. They expect a fat Santa.

16. A Christmas Carol

Ebenezer Scrooge: What do you want with me?

Jacob Marley: You will be haunted by three spirits.

Ebenezer Scrooge: I'd rather not.

17. The Year Without a Santa Clause

Don't be such a stranger. Come around with your husband, we'll have a blizzard. Ha ha ha ha.

18. Frosty The Snowman

Happy birthday! Hey, I said my first words. But... But snowmen can't talk.

19. Santa Clause Is Comin' To Town

Everybody has to be a baby at least once in their lives.

20. White Christmas

Bob: How do you do?

Doris: Mutual, I'm sure.