19 things I have learned this year.

19 things I have learned this year.

Just a couple things Ive learned in my 19th year.

17
19 things I have learned this year.

Turning 19, there was no excitement. There was nothing to look forward to. Just another number, just another year. However, I’m making the best of this last year of teen-hood. This what I've learned.

1.This is the unusual age where a lot of your Facebook friends are getting married or having kids.

2. Life just got a lot more expensive. You tend to find yourself spending more money on items you never use to care for.

3. Your twentieth birthday is just less than a year away and you still haven't figured out life. At all.

4. Life happens. Whatever shield you had that protected you from heartbreak is gone. It will be okay, it will mold you into a stronger person in your twenties.

5. Family is everything. Do whatever to make sure you call and stay in touch with family.

6. The idea of staying in at night, rather than going out sounds responsible.

7. You find yourself with more quality friends than looking for a quantity of friends.

8. People come in and out of your life everyday. You will understand those who you should keep, and those who should just drift away.

9. Keep your friends close, they are the ones who are gonna be there for you when life gets bumpy.

10. You find yourself wanting to make things in life simple. Detoxing yourself from all the stress and drama in your life.

11. Failure will happen, but it will make you stronger.

12. Learn to have uncountable amounts of self-respect, self-confidence, and self-pride.

13. Call your grandparents. You will have those nights where you crave nothing more than hearing your grandma’s laugh and your grandpa’s jokes.

14. You realize that life is happening and you cannot control it, so embrace it. Your experiencing life, your baby cousins aren't kids anymore, and your parents are getting old. Life isn't stopping for anyone.

15. You will realize that everyone knows everyone, so be careful with your actions. Faults and gossip spread like wild fire.

16. Travel as much as you can. Make as many memories as you can. Live life, and don't let life just happen.

17. Music will have new meanings to you.

18. You will be alone at times. You will feel so alone in this world. Don't worry, you have people. You will find your person. You will find the Christina to your Meredith (Grey's Anatomy reference, just in case you didn't know).

19. Mend friendships that need to be mended. Don't wait for a tragedy to bring you back together with those who once played an importance in your life.

Its gonna be one of the best years of your life. You will learn so much about who you are. You will be ready for your twenties. Its going to be a downer to close this chapter of your life, but life just started. Experience it.