18 Thoughts During My First Interview

18 Thoughts During My First Interview

Deep breaths...

15
18 Thoughts During My First Interview

Last Friday, I had my very first in-person interview for a serious, paid position. Needless to say, I was freaking out before, trying to think of interesting stories and intelligent questions to ask. I was told to be myself, but then I also had to be friendly and intelligent and perfect. The pressure was intense. But now that it's over and I have one under my belt, I can look back and learn from it (and laugh)! So here's my progression of thoughts during my very first interview!

Do you think they'll notice if I make note cards?

Okay so it's about 20 minutes away, I should probably leave an hour before just to be safe, right?

*On the drive* So I'm 5 minutes away and 30 minutes early, but what if there's an accident? Better go 80.

I got here 20 minutes early. That's probably too soon to go in...

Ow okay why would I wear heels?

OMG why won't my hands stop sweating? I can't shake hands with sweaty palms!

I'm waiting in this little room and I've already looked at the one picture in here. What do I do now?

I wonder if there's a camera in here and this is just a test to see if I'll do anything stupid...

Wait don't look around! You'll look like you're doing something wrong.

Phew, the door finally opened. Wait, they're in jeans and I'm in a full suit. What is wrong with me?

She's writing. What is she writing? All I said was my name!

Deep breaths. Relax! They can't see your pit stains through your jacket.

There's two of them; who do I look at? I know, I'll just look between them!

Keep your hands on the table, resist the urge to talk with your hands!

Smile, be yourself. Wait, no, be nice and friendly!

Make sure you think of another question to ask. Wait, but make sure you listen to what he's saying right now!

Eye contact. Eye contact.

It's over? Already? Huh, that wasn't so bad!

Good luck on any future interviews guys!