The 5 Stages Of A Pregnancy Scare

The 5 Stages Of A Teen Pregnancy Scare

It's a horrifying few days.

3824
The 5 Stages Of A Teen Pregnancy Scare

As a teenage girl, I can safely say that a pregnancy scare is horrifying. I'm not one to say that becoming a young parent is bad, but for many, it is not the ideal situation to be in. Going through a pregnancy scare leads to a lot of unwanted worries until that period comes, or a test reads "positive."

1. Why didn't I get on birth control?

Although many teens get on the pill early, there are still many that do not. People find it absolutely crazy if they don't, but sometimes they have good reasons. Some are worried if they ask their parents they will lose their freedom. I know if I asked mine they would get curious as to why, and the last thing I would want to say was that I was planning on having sex.

2. I'm late. I must be pregnant!

Missed or late periods can be caused by many things. Stress, an increase in exercise, and many other things can throw off your cycle. Personally, I am very irregular, which makes the idea of a possible pregnancy twice as scary. Since I don't know when my period should occur, so I don't know when I am late, either.

3. Should I take a pregnancy test?

The idea of taking a pregnancy test makes fear much more real. Without a test, you can live in denial, but once you know, you know and the thought of it won't leave. On top of that, many young women feel as if they will be judged when purchasing the test. Luckily, self-checkouts have made it more possible for teens and young adults to feel more comfortable purchasing their necessary items.

4. No test, no problem. WRONG!

Without knowing the for sure answer, everything becomes a symptom. You have a headache, you're pregnant. You are moody, you're pregnant. With everything swirling through your head, the possibility begins running through your mind constantly.

5. I got my period!

The day arrives, and you get your period. It may be two days late, but it is here. There is a sense of relief. The only thought going through your mind now is, " I am never having sex again!"

Being a young female is scary. An infinite number of things can go wrong. The smallest mistake can knock your whole world off track. When life it hits you hard, breathe. It will all work out in the end.