7 Sleep-Deprived Thoughts You Relate To If You've Taken An 18-Credit Semester

"Should I sleep? Or should I shower? I could sleep in the shower. But I'm also starving"

279
Unsplash

The semester is well underway and with spring break around the corner, going into full-time relaxation mode is more enticing than ever.

However, that's not a reality because when you're taking 18 credit hours (honestly, attending college at all really) full-time relaxation mode will be the end of you, or at least your academic career.

For those of you who can commiserate, here are 7 relatable thoughts.

1. Maybe this won't be too terrible. I can do it!

You hear horror stories from your parents and other relatives over winter break about how they "tried to take 18 hours once" and how terrible it was and long story short, eventually, a class was dropped. Surely that won't be you! Yeah. Stay hopeful.

2. No. They were right. This is actually a death wish.

For me, this realization came about a week into the second semester and now I just feel like that kid from The Incredible's movie who yells "We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!". Same, dude.

3. Rushing when you do things that are necessary to human function because leisure is not really a concept for you anymore.

Okay, this is a slight exaggeration. But man, there are days where inhaling a sandwich in between classes is really and truly the only viable option.

4. Meeting someone else who can relate

Realizing you're far from alone in this endeavor is half the battle :')

5. LIVING for canceled class and long weekends because it gives you time to catch up/breathe

6. Those rare moments when you're actually ahead and have down/free time

Actually, I do know exactly what I'm going to do now and I am going to take a nap. Really not even a debate.

7. 5 finals in ONE day?????

I really and truly don't even want to think about it. How many hours of studying that will amount to, is most likely higher than I can count. RIP my sanity; we've had a good run.

If I'm being totally honest, these are all thoughts I've honestly had at some point, but if you know me, you know I tend to overdramatize most things. :) A heavy course load isn't really this terrible. I mean, it's not wonderful by any means, but definitely very manageable. Is it something I'll do again? Ask me after finals.