Here I Am, 18 Years Later, And Yes, I Am Still Single
Dating

No, it doesn't bother me at all.

928
https://www.pexels.com/photo/dawn-sunset-beach-woman-39853/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj5MaT2gBQl/?hl=en&tagged=birkenstock

Single, this word has described me for the past eighteen years.

Yes, I have never been in a serious relationship that lasted more then a month.

No, it doesn't bother me at all.

Throughout high school, I wasn't boy crazy like the rest of my girlfriends. I would talk to guys here and there, I just never truly found the immature smelly boys we had to see every day very attractive or intriguing at all.

While majority of my friends had boyfriends, flings, whatever you want to call them, I was always just there. I continued to work on myself and make an abundance of friends.

In high school, and now college, I have learned and been able to get a handle on self-love. I have learned how to be independent and just be on my own.

I have a handful of amazing friends.

No, I have never had a serious significant other, and I am totally okay with that.

While I have now had my fair share of "talking" to guys, and getting to know them, I have yet to find one that is a good match.

Another factor that plays into not ever being in a serious relationship, is that I refuse to settle.

I want to find a guy that shares the same ideals and has similar goals as I do. I want a guy that loves his momma and has a future for himself.

I have had the opportunity to date and be in relationships, but I just never completely am satisfied. Once again, I refuse to settle and YES, I am okay with that.