17 Thoughts All College Students Have Upon Return For Spring Semester

Wake me up when it's summer.

29
Google Images

It is that time of year again when the all too short winter break comes to an end, and spring semester begins. It's funny how fast one month goes by when you're on break, but one month out of the semester drags on. Especially when pretty much everyone says that spring semester sucks way more than fall semester. Regardless, it is never easy going from doing absolutely nothing for a month to getting thrown back into the stress and chaos of another semester. Here are a few thoughts every college student has upon return to campus for spring semester:

1. When your alarm goes off in the morning on the first day back

2. That motivational speech you give yourself on the way in on the first day.

I'm going to do every reading, every assignment, make deans list and a 4.0.

3. But then you realize that you're actually going to have to be productive now that the new semester has started after doing nothing for a month.

Okay, so maybe not every reading...

4. When your first professor of the day calls your name, so you try to look like you're happy to be back.

5. When your professor goes around the room having everyone say a fun fact about themselves.

I'm sorry, how old are we? Is this really necessary?

6. When you walk into one of your new classes and you see one of your friends from last semester.

7. When your professor doesn't explain something because "you should remember this from high school" or "you should have covered this last semester."

I don't even remember what I had for dinner last night, you think I'm going to remember something from high school or last semester?

8. When you look at the syllabus and you can already tell that you've chosen the wrong class.

9. When the professor says attendance will not affect your grade.

10. When you walk into a class with that one professor, who says attendance and participation is mandatory, gives you multiple assignments all to be due the next class, no test will be curved, and the final is cumulative.

11. Every class you walk into you just know that this is what every professor is thinking.

12. When a former professor you have again calls on you to answer a question about something you learned last semester, and you get it right.

13. When you walk into class with your favorite professor and you see all your friends.

14. When your professor makes eye contact with you while lecturing and won't look away.

...awkward.

15. When the professor says there's going to be a big project that you'll have to present in front of the whole class.

Oh god, not public speaking.

16. When your professor from your early morning class asks why everyone is so quiet.

17. When you're already dreaming of summer break, but the semester just started and you have another 16 weeks of stress ahead of you.