15 Things That You Could Give Up For Lent

Forty days of joy.

8
Ad Week

If you’re anything like me, then Lent has become one of those events that emulates New Year's Day. You come up with something to give up for a little over a month and try your best to follow it, but, eventually, you end up wearing down and eating/doing the one thing that you tried to give up. It’s sad, I know, but I have brought you the answer!

Here are 15 things that can easily be given up this Lent season.

1. Caring

Just stop. Who cares what you’re wearing today? Who cares if there are 1500 calories in that cookie? Here's a hint: not you. It feels good, doesn’t it?

2. Exercising

No one needs cardio in their life.

3. Juice Cleanses

Why has the madness continued this long? Drink fruit juice and eat a hamburger, you filthy animals.

4. New Year's Resolutions

We all know that it isn’t working, so here’s an excuse to stop trying.

5. Second Dinner

We’ve all been guilty of this. We eat one dinner and then, one or two hours later, one of our friends brings up the name of that restaurant that you just love. You rationalize that if you just get the soup, then you’re fine, but no one ever just gets the soup. If we’re going to give up exercising, then second dinners need to go too.

6. Sub-tweeting

2016 is turning into the year of honesty, so let’s all start off by naming the people who we’re annoyed at in our tweets. There will be no more side eye roll emojis. Tag that person.

7. Using The Phrase “No offense, but…”

If you ever start a sentence this way, then everyone in the vicinity knows that what is about to come out of your mouth will, in fact, be very offensive. You saying those three words won't magically change anything. Knock it off.

8. Wearing Pants

Why do we do this to ourselves? We cram our nice free legs into denim prisons that are also known as pants. Free the legs, people.

9. Sending Game Invitations On Facebook

Stop it, you barbarians. I don’t want to join you in the game that you’re obsessed with right now. I don’t want to help you gain another life. I logged into Facebook to get rid of that annoying red notification on my phone. The last thing that I want to find is that the annoying notification is about a game.

10. Homework

Your teachers will understand.

11. Cleaning Your Room

Were you even going to do this? If not, then it's perfect.

12. Taking A Picture Of Your Food

I promise you that no one cares about what you had for lunch.

13. Replying To Texts With "k"

This is just rude and unnecessary. If you are angry, say something. That poor letter shouldn't be brought into your arguments. Protect the letters.

14. Going To Things That You Don't Want To Go To

Just say no. If you don't want to go, then don't go. It's as simple as that.

15. Stalking Someone's Instagram

What are you doing with your life? Why are you going 68 weeks back into someones life? How long have you been sitting there? How long have you been worrying about accidentally liking a photo of theirs from over a year ago? Get off of social media and do something with your life. (Or don't. Remember, who cares? It's not you.)

Hopefully, this has been inspiring to many of you. I wish you all the very best with your Lent resolutions and I hope that these next six weeks are both feasible and enjoyable.