15 Things Nobody Tells You To Pack For College

You may think you have everything packed, but do you have these things?

28

College can be a very exciting time. It can also be a very scary time. Sometimes you just don't know what to expect. Packing can be extremely stressful as well. You don't want to bring too much, but you want to make sure you have everything you need. There is no "school list" for college, you are mostly on your own. There are some essentials everyone should pack while moving to college, 15 to be exact.

1. Rain boots.

You will be super thankful to have these when you have to walk through a flood on your way to class, seriously.

2. Garbage bags.

3. Sewing supplies

Even if it's just a few needles and thread, you WILL need this at some point. You never know when your favorite shirt or jeans might rip.

4. An Amazon Prime membership.

This is a lifesaver. Ordering something and receiving it in 2 days with free shipping? Yes please. Plus students get a cheaper membership rate!

5. Bandaids (lots of them).

Bringing a box or two to college is great... but it's just not going to cut it. Trust me.

6. A few tools.

Seriously, a hammer and a screwdriver could be useful at any time.

7. A doorstop.

Propping your door open could be the easiest way to becoming friends with someone.

8. Board Games

Sometimes, you don't always want to spend a Friday night out. Sometimes you just need your friends, pizza, and board games, so DON'T leave those at home!

9. Dry-Erase board

Put it on your wall, put it on your door, put it somewhere! It's fun to leave little notes or drawings.

10. Pictures

Friends, family, pets, your favorite places. They all could be hung on your wall to make it feel more like "home."

11. Speakers

Something you can plug your phone or laptop into to make your music "more noticeable" to your hall mates.

12. An ice tray.

Ice is a luxury in college. Hopefully the fridge you take has a freezer, if so, bring an ice tray! It's nice to have.

13. A can opener.

Obviously, if you have cans of food, you may need one.They're hard to find in a college dorm.. Trust me.

14. Febreeze

Seriously, it's nice to make your room smell a little less like Ramen noodles

15. Receipts.

Something you may not think about is the recipes to anything you may bring with you. You may need to return it, and it makes it 100 times easier when you have the receipts!

Packing for college can be scary, but just remember these important things and you will be just fine! From one college student to another, good luck this seamster!