15 Signs You Went To Catholic School

15 Signs You Went To Catholic School

Other than the hundreds of photos of you in uniforms throughout the years.

267
15 Signs You Went To Catholic School
Kelly Krogmeier

Growing up in the Catholic school system is like being in a completely different world than your friends who grew up in the public school system. As a child in school, you don’t really seem to notice all the differences, but once you get out, you will quickly become aware of those differences.

As a college student, you tend to share your high school horror stories with your peers. Your peers from public schools share their stories about lock downs because someone brought a gun to school, fights on the bus, people getting kicked out for bringing drugs to school, and other jail-worthy stories. It’s moments like this that make you start to realize that you didn’t just go to a Catholic school, you were almost in a whole other world. Here are 15 signs you went to Catholic school.

1. You grew up with the Same 20 or so people.

And to this day, you still somehow know all the dirt on everyone, even if you all ended up at different colleges.

2. You wore UGG boots with your school shorts/ skirts.

And didn’t know why people gave you weird looks when you went out in public after school.

3. "Leave room for Jesus" is a phrase that still haunts you.

You still feel slightly uncomfortable when you slow dance.

4. Sex Ed classes aren’t a thing in high school.

Want to know more about sex? I’m sure the guidance office has some pamphlets on waiting until marriage.

5. You LOVE kickball.

And you probably kicked butt in it in grade school.

6.You got mad when your public school friends decide they were going to play on a CYO team.

Um excuse me, please go back to your public school sports associations, this one’s for us.

7. Getting to have a lock on your locker in high school was a big deal.

But those nightmares about not remembering your combination were awful.

8. You got excited when you went on field trips because you got to ride in a school bus.

The field trips were awful, but those bus rides were the best thing in the world. You would see kids getting to ride them every day, and now finally it was your turn!

9. Everyone went all out for Homecoming or Catholic School’s week.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is better than getting a dress down day, even if you dress in ridiculous looking costumes. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THE UNIFORM!

10. On the first day of college classes you had to ask your roommate for help getting dress.

You have to actually pick your outfits out?! HELP! Suddenly those School uniforms are looking really good to you.

11. You get emotional when you find your senior retreat letters.

No matter how hard you try to fight it, you ended up crying at least once during your Senior Retreat. LIVE THE FOURTH!

12. You started EVERY Class with a prayer and people used that as a good time to spread gossip.

“Jesus, I pray for all those suffering from hunger in our city, for the special intention in my heart, for Mary Anne for getting kicked out of the school dance last week because of her issue, and for the football team that we win the game tonight.”

13. You know all the songs you sang at Church by heart.

14. And still know all the dance moves to go along with those songs.

15. In the end, you wouldn’t trade your Catholic School experience for the world.