16 Signs You're An Education Major

16 Signs You're An Education Major

Yes, I'm going to be a teacher. No, I'm not in it for the money.

32
16 Signs You're An Education Major
Daily Genius

1. "Twirl 'til you Hurl" becomes a part of your daily vocabulary.

Does this bring back nightmares from Lit Block? *Casually spins finger in the air*

2. Your diet consist of Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.

We really need a starbucks near campus...amirite?

3. Children's books are at the top of your Christmas Wish List.

Gotta build that classroom library one way or another.

4. We have all been there at least once during Lit Block.

Enough Said.

5. Each semester ends with a giant potluck.

The most challenging part of potlucks is remembering who made which dish—I just don't trust some people, if you know what I am saying.

6. Sticky Notes have taken over your life.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

7. You have mastered highlighting the most important part of your notes.

Who am I kidding. We really just wait for the teacher to tell us what will be on the test, then we underline, star, highlight, and do everything we possibly can to try and remember to study that part.

8. If you have fought back tears when talking about chocolate.

If you have ever taken Mrs. Clont's class, you know exactly what I am talking about.

9. A lesson plan is not complete unless it's at least 10 pages long.

No, I am not exaggerating.

10. You refer to your cooperating teacher's class as your students.

We all do it whether you admit it or not.

11. Pinterest is the most used app on your phone.

If you are in the education program and you do not have a Pinterest account, you are doing life all wrong.

12. Acronyms are the new Pig Latin.

Acronyms really are a teachers best friend, especially on test day.

13. When you've accepted the fact that grades will be posted weeks after submission.

I understand you have 80 research papers to grade, but I am still going to be impatient and ask you every day if you have graded my paper yet.

14. Learning to use LiveText is more challenging then solving a Rubik's Cube.

I am a senior in college, and I still do not know how to use LiveText properly. I imagine this is how my grandma feels trying to send a text message.

15. It is you're, not your.

We try our best not to correct everyone's grammar, but sometimes we just can't help ourselves. For goodness sake, you have to learn the proper way to use "your" and "you're." If you need an example, please see the picture below.

16. And last but not least. When someone sits in your "unassigned" seat.

It is just a known fact that you better get a good seat on the first day of school, because this is where you will be sitting the rest of the year. No, it's not an assigned seat, but people will become very frustrated with you if you mix things up.