With the fate of the world still seeming very gloomy right now the show "Queer Eye" season five has been such a positive to me.
Season five came out on June 5 and has been so short of uplifting and emotional. Each individual that the fab five transformed had their own story with their own unique past.
All of the stories end up leaving me teary-eyed because the people are so open about who they are and the change they need to have happened to themselves. The show is overall very motivating for even someone sitting on their couch in pj's. The show offers great advice for all different types of people.
The show also includes incredible motivating quotes so I decided to list just some of my favorite from season five. I hope it motivates others as it has for me even in a still very difficult time.
1. "A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." -Oprah
2. "Nothing can be changed until it is faced." -James Baldwin
3. "Take time for all things." -Benjamin Franklin
4. "The present moment is all you ever have." -Eckhart Tolle
5. "Take the First Step in Faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase." -Martin Luther King Jr.
6. "We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own to-do list." -Michelle Obama
7. "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sail." -Cora L.V. Scott
8. "When you're good to others, you're best to yourself." -Benjamin Franklin
9. "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." -Maya Angelou
10. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt
11. "Finding opportunity is a matter of believing it's there." -Barbara Corcoran
12. "You can't start the next chapter if you keep re-reading the last one." -Unknown
13. "It's never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot
14. "Biggest obstacle I ever faced was my own limited perception of myself." -Rupaul
15. "If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time." -Steve Jobs
16. "Leadership is not about popularity, it's about doing what is right." -Laura Bush
17. "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." -Phyllis Diller
18. "If you stay ready, you ain't gotta get ready." -Will Smith
19. "Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers all wrong." -Proverbs 10:12
20. "You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it within himself." -Galileo Galilei
21. "Owning our story... is the bravest thing we'll ever do." -Brene Brown
22. "One today is worth two tomorrows." -Benjamin Franklin
23. "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." -Lao Tzu
24. "The worst distance between two people is misunderstanding." -Unknown
25. "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." -Muhammad Ali