6 Places To Spend Spring Break In Michigan

Enjoy a pure Michigan spring break

288
Previews

Spring break 2017 is upon us and going place on a college student budget isn't always the easiest task. Spend your break exploring and creating life long memories right in your own state. The budget of a college student isn't always big enough for world travels. Check out these exciting places that are closer than you realize.

1. South Haven

Typically South Haven is known as a summer destination but check out the beautiful lake shore and lighthouse any time of year. In addition, check out the local boutiques, and dining options this small town has to offer. Don't miss the sunset, as they are beyond stunning.

2. Traverse City

For more of the outdoors lover, the Traverse City Bay area has tons to offer! Check out the local shops and remember to shop local.

3. Detroit

Downtown Detroit has tons to offer. From activities for the art lovers to deep city history, anything you can imagine this city has. Check out the local art museum, Belle Isle Park and Aquarium, the night time casino life, local bars and restaurants and sports venues for great fun any day of the week.

4. Ann Arbor

Downtown Ann Arbor is bustling with life at all hours of the day. With great shopping locations, top notch restaurants, there is something to please all types of people. There is a little bit go everything here!

5. Grand Rapids

Grand Rapids is best known as Beer City U.S.A. Spend the day checking out all of the different locations that offer top notch beer. With the new outlet stores that recently opened, Grand Rapids is also the ideal shopping stop. The Grand Rapids public museum is a great stop to learn more about the area and spend the day indoors if the weather isn't ideal.

6. Petoskey

For great skiing, snowboarding and snow tubbing options, the greater Petoskey area is the ultimate spring break for the snow lover. Between Nubs Nob and Boyne Mountain they offer a range of hills for all skill levels.