Music has a unique way of moving the soul. In such uncertain times, I find so much comfort in songs with lovely words and calming melodies. If you need a break from the hectic craziness of today's world, kick back and put these tunes on the stereo.
1. "Blackbird" by The Beatles
While we typically hail The Beatles for their fast-pace, upbeat hits, I personally feel as though "Blackbird" is an under-appreciated work of art. The bird noises in the background make it especially wonderful.
2. "Heartbeat" by SAILR
3. "Fresh Roses" by Juke Ross
This song will make you want to go outside and garden, even if you don't have a green thumb.
4. "Suitcase Full of Sparks" by Gregory Alan Isakov
5. "Rules" by Nat & Alex Wolff
Oh, how we've evolved since the Naked Brothers Band...
6. "Badge and Gun" by John Mayer
(Anyone who knows me knows I love John, and could listen to his music all day.)
7. "Flower" by Cody Simpson
8. "Days in the Sun" by Ziggy Alberts
9. "Heaven Go Easy on Me" by The Head and the Heart
10. "Sweet to Me" by Summer Salt
11. "Love Is a Wild Thing" by Kasey Musgraves
Kasey, you've done it again! If you like this one, also check out "Happy & Sad".
12. "White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes
13. "Whole Wide World" by Bahamas
14. "Burst of Ordinary Light" by Floating Action
15. "Feel the Need" by Eryn Allen Kane
Last but certainly not least, this one will really make you feel loved.