The 14 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

The 14 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

The one holiday dedicated to food.

34
The 14 Stages Of Thanksgiving Day

1. Thinking about food when you wake up:

I mean, who doesn't think about food on Thanksgiving? If you don't, you can't eat with us.

2. Watching the Macy's Thanksgivng Day Parade:

Turkey balloons are cool but, I prefer an actual Turkey I can eat.

3. The Holiday Selfie:

Don't lie. We've all done the "Happy Thanksgiving" selfie and posted it to social media along with leaves, Turkey, and knife & fork emojis.

Also, it's the one day you look nice before you're a walking zombie college student. I ditched the nike shorts and t-shirts for you mom.

4. The Cooking:

When you try to help your family cook the meal but you end up leaving it to them because you can't cook.

5. Waiting on the Food:

You anxiously complain for hours about not being able to eat the food because of the late arrival of family members and having to drown in the inability to not eat for the time passing.

6. The Food Time:

Make sure your Thanksgiving outfit includes leggings (or sweatpants) to hide all of the food evidence afterwards.

7.The Questions:

"So, is this guy your boyfriend? How's College? What are your classes? What are you taking next semester? Have you've been partying? What have you been doing in your sorority? Who is the girl you always hang out with? Is she a sorority sister? All I see is fun, no studying. Send me a picture of you studying." Sometimes I just want to eat, okay.

8. The food coma:

Yes mom, I have to take a nap after eating food in the amount of my body weight. A nap on Thanksgiving day keeps the food baby away (and also makes more room for the second round).

9. Watching Football:

Watching NFL on Thanksgiving day is a tradition. There's no better way of saying "thank you" than watching your favorite team score (P.S. don't draft Charlie Brown).

10.The Second Round of food:

If you thought the first round was great, just wait until the second round. It's like a holiday dedicated to eating food.

11. Black-Friday shopping:

It's a girls' favorite made-up event. You spend the night of Thanksgiving to plan out your Black Friday shopping on the day you're supposed to be grateful for everything. I am grateful for money and the urge to shop so I'm still a good person, right?

12.Christmas Music:

It goes from Thanksgiving to Christmas in a series of 24 hours. It's now socially acceptable to listen to Christmas music, but please wait one more day for decorations.

13. The "I need to go to the gym" conversation:

Thanksgiving finally gives you an excuse to go to the gym to workout other than skipping to binge watch Netflix.

14.The Bedlam Game:

If you're from OU or OSU you know what Thanksgiving means: Bedlam weekend. It's one of the biggest rivalry games in The Big 12. You get excited with family members wondering if you're still on the food hype.

Then you remember there can only be one winner.

No, No I am not but thanks for asking (p.s. Gundy, if our defense is terrible, put me in).

Happy Thanksgiving to all and go get your Turkey on:

Not literally of course.