13 Ways To Spruce Up Your College Apartment

SO much better than dorm life!
79

Is off-campus living a step up from dorm life? Uh, YES! But it still isn't perfect. Here are a few ways to make it almost perfect:

1. Curtains

If the 'complimentary' blinds are bumming you out, add some cute curtains to cheer you up!

2. Area rugs

An area rug can not only complete and brighten up a room, it will also keep your feet from freezing and is a great cleaning tool!

3. Mirrors

If you want your space to appear bigger, use the oldest trick in the book: add mirrors.

4. Removable wallpaper

If dull walls are depressing you, add some removable wallpaper.

5. Plants

Add some life back into your life with these decorative living creatures.

6. Removable tile

Just like the removable wallpaper, kitchens and bathrooms can be modernized with removable tile.

7. AND removable countertops

You can even redesign your countertops.

8. THERE'S REMOVABLE EVERYTHING

From wall stickers to stair decals, to sticky chalkboards, there are so many places to add fancy stickers in your new pad.

9. A fresh coat of paint

Although you may not be able to paint your actual walls, you can transform that furniture from your grandma's attic from drab to fab!

10. Handles

Or, install new furniture handles.

11. Tapestry

If removable wallpaper seems like too much of a hassle, try a tapestry to decorate your walls.

12. Lights!

You don't have to stick with plain ole' ceiling lights. As shown in the tapestry photo you can opt to use Christmas lights, table lamps, or standing lamps to light up your life.

13. Mug storage

If you have more mugs than cabinets (most of us do), turn them into wall decor. Easily accessible AND cute!

Perfect home? No. Perfect temporary living space? Absolutely!