13 Signs You Went To Boarding School

13 Signs You Went To Boarding School

There are a lot of rules.

57
13 Signs You Went To Boarding School

"Why did you get sent away?" is the typical question you get asked when you're a former boarding school student. But the answer is that you chose to go to a school where there are more rules and countless ways to be kicked out... but it was completely worth it.

1) Having a dress code was a constant struggle.

#twinning every single day.

2) There was no such thing as free time.

Classes, sports, dinner, study hall, lights out, repeat.

3) There was really such a thing as Saturday classes.

Straight out of your worst nightmare.

4) When you left campus you actually had to sign out.

Similar to prison in that way...

5) You always had to find a sneaky place to go with your boyfriend so you wouldn't get caught.

It was not as carefree as Zoey 101 liked to depict it.

6) The library was THE place to be.

All of your friends in one place.

7) You made friends with as many day students as possible so you had places to escape to over the weekend.

Take me home with you! Cook me dinner!

8) You had to try and be creative when it came to meals in the dining hall.

That food gets REAL old, REAL fast.

9) Everyone knew everything about everyone.

Well I guess that's what happens when you go to high school that's basically a mini college.

10) Prom is nothing like what it is at public high schools.

Who wants to after party in a gym?

11) Boarding school was the best possible preparation for college.

No homesickness, no problem.

12) The dances were even more awkward than middle school dances.

But that's what's expected when you're under strick watch and you know where everyone lives.

13) Having dorm parents is like having a whole other set of parents who are super intimidating.

You may not be related, but they're just as scary as your real mom.