13 'Game of Thrones' Moments That Describe Being A Southeastern Student

Fellow lions, here are plenty of moments we can all relate to in good ol' Hammond, America.

20
FaxSupplies.net

Go green, go gold, go lions! The lion up hashtag found all over social media is a reminder of our school pride. I certainly love my university and am still thrilled that I ended up at such a fulfilling school, even though it wasn't my number one choice. However, all universities have their negatives, and Southeastern Louisiana University is no exception. Coupled with the higher education budget crisis plaguing our state, there are certainly some aspects where SELU could make improvements.

I am close to finishing the most recent season of "Game of Thrones" (yes, finally!) and I couldn't help but notice some parts where characters' reactions weren't unlike our own while dealing with the stress of college. I think these are all moments we can relate to!

1. When you're trying to survive midterms or finals week:

Let's face it: Cersei Lannister had the right idea when it comes to dealing with her problems.

2. When you see that tuition went up yet again:

What are all these miscellaneous fees even for anyway? Obviously not for building maintenance.

3. When the textbook rental people decide your book is in terrible condition:

Water damage? I didn't open the book once this semester!

4. When your professor doesn't want you to "use technology" like laptops in class:

Some people do actually use their laptops or tablets to take your boring notes.

5. When you run out of prints the week before finals:

Protip: the Writing Center offers up to 15 free prints per day and it doesn't count toward your print counts.

6. When you sweetly try to coerce your friend to bum Cub Cash for lunch:

I'm sorry Starbucks wants $5 for one little coffee drink! I'm also sorry I have a caffeine addiction.

7. When you see sorority girls wearing matching clothes:

No offense intended toward those in sororities, but what's up with the matching clothes? It's like a Greek army.

8. When the market won't let you use your friend's credit card because the name on their card doesn't match your ID:

I'm just trying to buy Chick-fil-A for my friend! Fine, just take my card. They'll owe me.

9. When you haven't slept in two days but you have to get up for class anyway:

We have all signed up for an 8:00 AM class and immediately regretted it.

10. When you're about to graduate but you still owe the university money:

Really? A parking ticket from two semesters ago?

11. When you see the golf kart lady leaving you a lovely parking violation notice on your windshield:

Especially when you were just about to move your car.

12. When you get points off on your British Lit essay because of silly grammatical errors:

A run-on sentence is one thing but a misplaced modifier? I'm a grammar freak, too, but still.

13. When the university decides you don't need Subway, Popeye's, or Burger King anymore:

Rest in peace, old student union. I guess I'll take my happy butt over to Panda Express instead.