12 Ways To Change Your Life This Year

12 Ways To Change Your Life This Year

Why not try something new today?

24
12 Ways To Change Your Life This Year
youthconnect.in

As we slowly ease into the new year, you may realize that you don't have a New Year's resolution yet, or maybe you've already dropped your resolution. It happens, don't be ashamed. This year, you don't have to become one of the many that either doesn't change anything at all for the new year or one who forgets all of the changes you wish to make only a few days later. This year, take on a new challenge. Not a resolution. This year, I have compiled 12 things that I did in 2015 that completely changed my life and they aren't hard to do. Who says you have to only try something new at the beginning of the year?

1. Start a journal.

Journaling is proven to help spark creativity, boost confidence, and evoke mindfulness. Journaling is very therapeutic and it's always an amazing feeling to look back at past entries to see how much has changed and how much you've grown.

2. Say no.

You cannot do everything and unfortunately, you won't be happy attempting to do everything. There are some things that we just do not want to do and we may not have a reason but you have to learn to say no. Always remember to take time for yourself and keep your happiness in mind.

3. Keep a to-do list.

Organization is key. You will feel extremely productive checking off those individual tasks each day, and you won't feel like you're always forgetting something.

4. Take a Myers-Briggs test.

Of course, this test cannot tell you everything about yourself and it certainly won't predict the way that you'll interact in any future situations. However, self-awareness is important and understanding different reasonings and common traits, stressors, and tendencies can be comforting.

5. Plan and go on a trip.

Planning a trip is stressful, hard, and ultimately satisfying. Knowing that you have put in the time and effort to coordinate many different plans and seeing it succeed is one of the most rewarding things. In addition, you get to explore an amazing new location and learn more about other cultures and places.

6. Go on a walk.

Take the time to de-stress and go on a walk. Take a friend or a coworker with you and just discuss everything going on in life and enjoy the company of one another. You'll not only feel energized but you'll feel relieve in having confided in someone.

7. Reach out to those of your past.

We all fall in and out of touch with those of our lives, but I find it important to check in every now and then. Sure you aren't as close as you used to be and you may not even like each other anymore, but it is always nice to check in on one another. Plan to grab drinks or dinner, or simply call them on the phone.

8. Take a sick day when you aren't sick.

Obviously don't do this all of the time, but about once a semester you should take a day off from everything. You need to recharge and just have one day where you have no responsibilities or expectations. Treat yo self.

9. Clean out your closet seasonally.

There is no need to hang on to that t-shirt that you bought at full price when you were in the seventh grade. You will probably never need it again and will continue to pack and repack it. Give it up.

10. Drink water.

Stay hydrated, benefit your skin and pretty much your body in every way. Sure you can splurge every now and then to have a sweet tea or a soda, but you don't need that all of the time.

11. Read a memoir.

Maybe you'll read a comedy just to give you a laugh, or maybe you'll find a memoir of someone in your field. A memoir gives you the opportunity to learn their tips and tricks while also reading a great book!

12. Pick something you enjoy and invest in it.

Find a hobby and find the time to enjoy it. If you love to write, then make time to write. Maybe you want to pick up painting? Grab some friends or just be alone and paint. Do what you've always wanted to do but maybe never have. There is no better time than the present.