12 Things Only True Procrastinators Understand

You probably put off reading this article.

39
real-memory-improvement.com

We all have a little bit of procrastinator inside us. However, there are a few of us who live their life on the edge of deadlines, write their papers in the several hours before they are due, and are constantly waiting until the last minute for absolutely everything. This article is for those people, who understand that the best time to get work done is when a deadline is hanging over your head like the blade of a guillotine. We live life on the edge and we might be a little insane. But make no mistake there are a lot of us. Here are 12 things that only true procrastinators understand.

1. Deadlines are always farther away that everyone else seems to think they are.

Two weeks for that 12-page paper? Well, I'll be starting that 13 days from now.

2. You create a lot of problems for your future self.

Wednesday night me may be enjoying watching cat videos, but Thursday night me is really going to hate them for it.

3. When your professors say that they expect you to be almost finished with the paper by now.

What paper? You mean that one that I haven't even started yet?

4. Netflix is a constant figure in your life.

Is there really a better way to procrastinate than binge watching a new show?

5. So is coffee.

Procrastinators know that sometimes you really just need that hit of caffeine if you're going to finish this on time.

6. Your friends constantly question why you aren't failing all your classes.

In fact, you sometimes wonder this and yet you still don't change your ways.

7. You have an incredibly fast typing speed.

All those years of submitting assignments the minute before they were due, has really given you some useful life skills.

8. You know how to work under pressure.

In fact, it's practically your motivation.

9. You get to live most of your life worry free.

I'm not stressing about that, that's not due for another three days.

10. Except when the certain deadline actually arrives.

Then you've got 99 problems and most of them could've been solved if you just had better time management.

11. You're well acquainted with the hours between midnight and 5 a.m.

And you're really well acquainted with the half hour prior to midnight, since so many professors believe that a midnight deadline gives you plenty of time to turn something in.

12. You understand that since the author of this article is one of you, this was written very close to the content deadline.

And she isn't at all ashamed of that.