12 Things I Miss About Living in My Sorority House

During the summer, these are the things I miss most.

36

I am living at home for the summer. As much as I love being able to spend time with my family, I miss living in my sorority house with my abundance of sisters. Living in a sorority house is not simply what one sees in mainstream movies and culture. It is about being a part of something much larger than yourself. Living in my sorority house is a privilege, and couldn’t imagine not having this experience.

Now, let’s get down to the specifics. . .

1. Food.

There is always food in the house, or a group of people going to get ice cream.

2. Always having people to spend time with.

Not that my little brothers aren’t great, but I miss having people my own age to talk to.

3. The lack of judgement for your sleeping habits.

There’s always going to be someone who is going to bed later than you.

Similarly. . .

4. The lack of judgment for your eating habits.

Of course you should eat a second cupcake, you’ve been thinking about it for the past ten minutes.

5. Having a constant support system.

It doesn’t matter if you are going through a break up, or suffering from grief. Your sisters are there to help.

6. Having a rant buddy.

You may need to rant about a paper, a job, or a conversation. There have been times where I swear I’ve worn through the carpet through my pacing.

7. Being able to have 20 different opinions on your wardrobe.

You just need to ask one person in a room if they think your outfit looks okay, and everyone will reassure you of your beauty.

8. Being able to borrow clothes from your sisters.

Or let them borrow your clothes. It goes both ways!

9. Always having a comfy spot to sit in.

Whether that is at your desk, sitting on the couch, or in the middle of the floor.

10. Having people who share your interests

If you fangirl over something, you are sure to find others who do the same. Disney movie marathon night? Hack yeah!

11. Having people who can look over an email/a paper (or an Odyssey article)

.

This is another great perk. Even if I second guess myself, I have people around me who are willing to take a second look.

12. Friendship.

'

Friendship is at the heart of my chapter, and I am so glad I am able to experience it.

As a girl who only grew up with brothers, having a house full of sisters is a new experience for me. I have made a multitude of happy memories in my sorority house, and I'm sure I will make more in the coming semesters. I never have to be alone if i don't want to be, and that is one aspect I greatly appreciate. I am beyond excited to return for the second year!