12 Struggles Only People With Curly Hair Will Understand

My hair is more high maintenance than me.

99

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my curly hair, but the time it takes to manage it and not to mention the amount of products to do so is not easy. Here are some things that only people with curly hair will understand.

1. You can't brush your hair. Well, you can, but you'll turn it into a lion's mane.

2. You own too many products. You've tried them all. Now you have a variety of everything to attempt to tame the mane.

3. Humidity is not your friend. Your hair just gets bigger and bigger with humidity.

4. People can't play with your hair. You yell at people for touching your hair because it only gets worse the more you mess with it.

5. You always have to have a hair tie. A good hair day can turn into a bad hair day real quick.

6. You can't sleep on wet hair. Yet again, it just turns into a lion's mane in the morning.

7. You never know how your hair is going to turn out. You might do the same routine every time, but it's a different result every time.

8. Pencils (and everything really) get stuck in your hair. There have been some weird things stuck in the "fro" before.

9. Haircuts. You might think you only cut an inch off, but once it dries and curls back up, it looks like you cut multiple off.

10. Your hair may take half the day to dry. Good luck trying to plan the best time of day to take a shower based on when your hair will be dry because it may never be dry.

11. You shed like nobody's business. There's hair on the floor, in the drain, and probably in your food as well.

12. You learn to love your crazy, messy, curly hair.

Curly hair is definitely not the easiest hair to manage, but it sure is worth it. You just have to learn to love it.