12 Struggles of Being a Waitress

12 Struggles of Being a Waitress

Oh you know the owner? So do I, I work for them

299
12 Struggles of Being a Waitress

Being a waitress is not always an easy job. Yes, the tips can be great if you work in a busy restaurant, but to have this job it takes a lot of people skills. Dealing with hungry customers or even picky eaters can drive you nuts. The next time you go out to dinner and your waitress is taking a little longer than you would like, just be considerate. Trying to serve over five tables at once all while making sure every order comes out perfect and making sure customers are not waiting too long really makes you learn how to multitask. If you were ever a server you have probably had some of these annoying interactions.

1. Seeing a customer come in 10 minutes before closing.

2. Having a customer tell you that they are gluten free and everything on the menu is fried

3. When you bring someone their order and they argue you that it is not what they wanted even when you even wrote it down that it was

4. When angry parents ask where their children’s food is…sorry but please do not bring your kid to a nice restaurant at 9:00 P.M. so that they can order chicken fingers

5. Working double shifts

6. The chef telling you not to “ticket stack”

7. When a customer asks you where the fish came from…it came from the ocean miss….

8. Getting a crappy tip when you gave excellent service

9. Someone asking for decaf coffee and now you have to make a whole separate pot

10. When large parties come in and didn't make a reservation so now you can't mentally prepare yourself

11. Hoarding pens like it's your job and wanting to cry when a customer steals one. What am I supposed to take down your order with now?

12. When a customer comes in and tries ordering something that is not on the menu…sir this is a seafood restaurant so no we do not have pizza.