12 Songs To Give You The Feels

12 Songs To Give You The Feels

Sad, powerful, thoughtful, hopeful...

51
12 Songs To Give You The Feels
Youtube

Everyone has those songs that make them think, nostalgic, happy, powerful, or even cry. There are just songs that you can't help but turn it up and sing at the top of your lungs or sit back and think. I tend to gravitate toward music that tell stories that make you think. Stories that make you think come in different forms, they come in the form of power ballads, quiet ballads, empowering, or haunting songs. Here are my favorite songs that give me a major case of any type of the feels.

1. "Letters from Home" - John Michael Montgomery

I feel like the title of this song gives it away, but it is a song about a deployed soldier and he gets letters from home and they are telling him about what's going on at home and then the last verse he gets one that is kind of a game changer in the story of the song. Give it a try.

How it will make you feel:

2. "Maggie Creek Road" - Reba McEntire

The word that comes to my mind when I listen to this song is that it's haunting. It basically starts as a girl going on a date and her mom doesn't like or trust him. I don't want to give away the haunting part, so give it a listen!!

How it will make you feel:

3. "Piece by Piece" - Kelly Clarkson

I know this isn't the version on her album, but this is by far my favorite version because it's stripped down and gives you WAY more feels than the upbeat version on her album. This is a very personal song to Kelly because she wrote this when she was pregnant with her first baby. It's about her life, how her husband fixed her. Please try to not get tears on your keyboard.

How it will make you feel:

4. "Independence Day" - Martina McBride

Independence day has a double meaning in this song. It takes place on Independence Day, but it is also for a woman who gets free from a bad relationship. This song never fails to give me goosebumps and cannot resist singing at the top of my lungs.

How it will make you feel:

5. " Stilettos" - Kelsea Ballerini

This is about hiding the fact that you are hurt and showing pain is weakness. I just heard this the other day and fell in love with it.

How it will make you feel:

6. "The Locket" - Lauren Alaina

This is a love song. It is a granddaughter recounting this story to her grandma who has Alzheimer's and this story is of her and her husband who passed away before her. I cry like a baby but can't help but sing along.

How it will make you feel:

7. Defying Gravity - "Wicked" Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth

This is a power song saying you will not let anyone get in the way of your dream. May I also point out here that Idina (the girl who plays Elphaba, the Wicked Witch) was having an Asthma attack near the end of the number, which is why she seems out of breath at the end. She finished the song. While having an Asthma attack. She is amazing.

How it makes you feel:

8. Don't Rain on My Parade - "Funny Girl" Barbra Streisand

This is a lovely song to again tell people to not beat down on you.

How it will make you feel:

9. Me Too - Meghan Trainor

This is a song saying you feel great in your own skin. Meghan Trainor has a lot of songs to make you feel proud to look the way you do. The line repeated in the song is "If I was you, I'd wanna be me too" which just exudes confidence and that's why I love it!

How it will make you feel:

10. See You Again - Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth

This song was written for the last Fast and Furious movie when one of the main actors, Paul Walker. Charlie Puth wrote the hook, chorus and came up with the beat. Before he wrote the song, he actually had a friend die in a car crash recently so he wrote it thinking of his friend and it was perfect for the Fast and Furious movie ending.

How it will make you feel:

11. Temporary Home - Carrie Underwood

In this song, it goes through a few different stories that overall seems like a sad situation, but is hopeful. Hopeful because they know that everything will get better in time, knowing that your experiences help you to find your forever home. Whether it be a loving family, stability for your family, or your eternal home.

How it will make you feel:

12 . Tennessee Waltz - Patti Page

This song has special meaning to me. My grandparents sang this on our family singing album and they always loved dancing. When they danced, you could tell they were so in love, they seemed to be transported back to when they were young, and they just smiled at each other. So to me, this song means timeless love, although the song says more of her friend took her love away from her and she still loves him to that day.

How it will make you feel: