12 Signs You're A Natural Hair Diva

12 Signs You're A Natural Hair Diva

You've been asked, "Can I touch it?" more than once.

112
12 Signs You're A Natural Hair Diva
ToBNatural / Instagram

1. You refer to Relaxers as “creamy crack”

And the bible said thou shall not have creamy crack, but in all seriousness, every natural hair girl has referred to a relaxer as creamy crack and cursed it.

2. You were told at least once you smell like fruit or tropical.

It's not a bad smell but hey, please don't keep sniffing me. Every girl has had an episode where someone smelled something fruity or tropical and when they get towards you, they find out it's your hair.

3. You’re asked, “Can I touch it?” when people see your natural hair out.

*Sigh* Yes, I get asked this on the regular and a couple of times it's at work or walking in the mall. Please don't touch my hair. No natural girl wants you to touch her hair. And every natural hair girl has been asked this.

4. The olive oil you buy at the grocery store is for your hair, not your food.

Yes, ma'am, I like olive oil. No, ma'am, it is not for my dinner I'm making in a few hours. It's for a hot oil treatment on my hair. I get weird looks for saying that but hey, my hair ends up shiny and stronger.

5. Your bathroom has SO many natural hair products.

We've all been there at one point or another trying to make sure we have every possible product we need for our hair or even trying something new.

6. You’ve watched hundreds of Youtube videos on how to style natural hair and sometimes it doesn’t turn out like the video.

Actually, I did this on Sunday when I rocked my natural Mohawk and fluffed it for effect. If you need a quick, go-to style, Youtube is your friend.

7. You're always on the search for the right product for your hair.

Well, in case you're wondering, mine is curl smoothie. It makes my twist out be on fleek! Every girl on a natural hair journey has struggled to make sure they have the product that works best for their hair. Eventually, we all find it whether it takes 3 days, 3 months, or 3 years, right?

8. You’ve purchased coconut oil at least once for your hair.

Come on! Every girl on a natural hair journey has tried or used coconut oil at least and yes, your hair is moisturized and you smell amazing as well.

9. Protection styles are a must to make sure your hair grows.

Protective styles are a must with natural hair journey! To keep your hair protected and helps it grow! I rock them on the regular.

10. You’ve rocked a puff at least once. You’ve been asked, “Why don’t you just straighten your hair?”

My hair, my decision. I do not like to be asked to straighten my hair because you think it's cute. Sorry, not sorry.

11. De-tangling your hair sometimes feels like going to war (Especially if it is thick.

Yes, sometimes it may feel like your going to war. You have to have your wide tooth comb, your de-tangle brush, and conditioner on hand in case it get's rough.

12. Shrinkage is always on your mind.

After spending 30 minutes in the mirror perfecting your puff, 3 hours later you look in a mirror just to realize today's heat shrunk your hair to a small puff which is not what you wanted to rock.

Regardless I love my natural hair and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm sure every natural hair girl would feel the same.