12 Movies That Were Nothing Like High School

12 Movies That Epically Failed To Prepare Me For College

Basically, Mean Girls is the most realistic movie about high schoolers💁🏼👚💋

293

If you've never had an older sibling go through high school, it can be terrifying to start at a new school. You basically have no idea what you're getting yourself into. If you've seen any teen movie, you know some bizarre things happen in high school. Dating can be a pain, making friends is a nightmare, and trying to fit in overall is the must frustrating. Plus, nobody really knows what to expect when going into high school. Everyone's experience is different. But as I look back on the worst four years of my schooling experience, I can confidently say that these movies did absolutely nothing to help me mentally prepare myself for entering high school.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You

When a guy gets paid to date you, he probably won't start to fall in love with you in the process. Don't even expect it to happen.

2. High School Musical

If you're a member of the "Math-letes," odds are, you won't be the lead in the school play. You just won't have the time to do both.

3. Grease

If you're lucky enough to be crushed on by the school bad-boy, he probably won't sing about his feelings for you.

4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Your principal won't care enough about you skipping school to break into your house. And if he does, you might want to call the police.

5. The Princess Diaries 2

Your grandma probably isn't the queen of a country... so you won't get the option of marrying an eligible bachelor prince. I'm sorry😩

6. Footloose

Your helicopter dad won't suddenly permit you to disobey his insane rules, especially not when you're dating the new rebellious kid in town.

7. The Amazing Spider-Man

You won't be the result of a science experiment, so stop waiting for your superpowers to develop.

8. Aquamarine

Your dreams about the cute lifeguard falling in love with you will remain dreams. Good luck finding a mermaid to make them come true.

9. A Cinderella Story

You won't find the man of your dreams at a school masquerade--or will you?

10. Hairspray

Getting on a tv show about dancing as a high schooler is near impossible.

11. The Harry Potter series

Where do I even begin? I should've known it was all too good to be true😭Accio tissue.

12. Mean Girls

Let's face it. This is the most realistic and relatable movie about high schoolers. Being the new kid and getting excluded? Been there. Wanting to leap across the table at someone you don't like? Done that.

But seriously, high school is tough to navigate. The worst thing you can do is assume that it will be like one of these movies. Never walk into a cafeteria and burst into song. No one will sing with you, and you will be laughed at.