11 Times You Weren't Rory Gilmore But Wanted To Be

If only I was as dedicated to studying as I was to mac and cheese.

157
google images

I, like many others, have guiltily (yet also shamelessly) binge-watched all seven seasons of "Gilmore Girls". I vividly remember coming home from school and sitting my middle-school self on the couch with an after school snack of peanut butter and celery and wishing with all my heart I was Rory Gilmore. I mean, whether you like the show or not, we can all agree on one thing: Rory had it all. Brains, looks, guys, cool mom, sassy demeanor, great taste in music, you name it. In tribute to "Gilmore Girls" airing on Netflix and in an attempt to further procrastinate my homework, I’ve created a list of several times I really wished I was Rory Gilmore (but, unfortunately, wasn’t).

1. When you spend more time picking out your outfit than you do studying.

Rory would definitely disapprove. You definitely aren’t like Rory if your morning consists of over an hour trying on different shirt/pants/shoes combinations and only about 10 minutes doing the homework you were supposed to finish last night (oops).

2. When you go to the library solely to socialize.

Also guilty of this. Rory would never waste a single second talking to her friends if she’s in the presence of books.

3. You’ve never seen "Grey’s Anatomy"…

This mostly likely only applies to me.

4. You’re not a hopeless romantic.

I’ve always wanted to be, but if I’m being honest here, I don’t care nearly as much about the male species as Rory...sorry not sorry.

5. When you’re not an avid coffee drinker.

I find myself needing caffeine more and more these days. It’s too bad I’m not like Rory who is obsessed with coffee (I’ll stick to tea, thanks).

6. When you can eat junk food for every meal, never go to the gym and still look cute in everything.

Maybe I’m just a little annoyed with Rory because of this. I mean, I love pizza and tater tots just as much as the next person, but if I ate them three times a day, you’d never see me out in a crop top.

7. You have no idea what you’re doing with your life.

I’m pretty sure Rory has known she wanted to be a journalist since she was an infant. Meanwhile, I don’t even know what I want to eat for breakfast tomorrow.

8. You aren’t as witty as you think you are.

I don’t know about you, but I would never want to get in an argument with Rory Gilmore. The comebacks she comes up with are poetic compared to my usual “I know you are, but what am I?”

9. When you are literally terrible at explaining your feelings.

I don’t know if it’s because of all the books she has read or if "Gilmore Girls" just had a really great staff or writers, but Rory always seems to be able to explain how she is feeling perfectly. Meanwhile I can’t even get out a “Hi” without questioning myself.

10. When you try to be an adult and not call your mom every day.

Big mistake, honestly. Rory knows that moms are basically the answer to every problem you have.

11. You still don’t really know what college is all about.

Wait...it's not?