11 Things You'll Find After Leaving New Jersey

Jersey is a unique place to call home.

25

New Jersey is a beautiful state to live in and when you leave the Garden State you're likely to find that...

1. You realize that no one has a true appreciation for diners like you do.

Every town has at least one diner and every New Jersey resident has a favorite.

2. The bagels turn into brea-gels

A brea-gel is an atrocious bread and bagel hybrid that brings shame to the name of bagels that is commonly found everywhere outside of Jersey and the immediate surrounding area.

3. You miss being a half hour drive from the shore.

How do people live so far from the ocean and enjoy it?

4. Having to get comfortable making left turns.

Like come on can't every state just embrace jug handles?

5. Salt water taffy isn't that big of a thing anywhere else.

Summer wouldn't be complete without boardwalks, ice cream and rides plus a box of taffy to bring the shore back home with you.

6. Getting mad at everyone who pronounces Jersey as "Joisey"

Not sure how this one even started but it needs to be stopped.

7. Pizza isn't the same.

Domino's doesn't suffice.

8. You get tired of people asking you "Where's your accent?"

New Jersey isn't a different country, not every word has to sound different.

9. You realize that you have to pump your own gas.

Ah, the luxury of New Jersey; stay warm, dry, cool and more in your car while someone pumps your gas for you.

10. Rolling your eyes at everyone who still compares you to Jersey Shore.

They're from New York not Jersey plus that show is so old do people really think it's applicable to bring up anymore?

11. You realize that as much as you complained while living there, it's hard to just fuhgeddaboudit.