11 Things You Know to Be True If You Went from Private School To A Private College

Some things just don't change.

5
shiloh

Going to a private high school gives you a unique perspective that is unlike that of your public school peers. For those of us who decide to continue our private education in college, you realize that some things just don't change.

1. You're probably killing it in your bible classes.

2. Chapel is a part of life.

Hearing the same practical applications of Bible stories every week probably doesn't even phase you anymore.

3. People ask why you didn't go to your local state school.

Everyone you graduated with wonders why you would put yourself through high school all over again, but it has its perks. By now you're a pro at the private school life.

4. Rules on rules on rules.

By now you've had every rule under the sun from not being allowed to wear shorts, visitation rules in the dorms, and all the other regulations that help keep your morals in check.

5. You relish in the fact that you get to wear t-shirts to class now.

You will probably never buy another collared shirt again.

6. Size does matter.

A lot of your college peers might complain that their high school was bigger than their class now, but to you, a class of more than 80 people is huge.

7. "Tuition" is a hot topic in your household.

Our poor parents will be paying for private school until they die.

8. Going to college was anything but a culture shock.

It's like going to high school but with more freedom (shocking, I know).

9. You still know everyone.

In such a small "community" it's likely you'll meet most of the campus by the time you graduate.

10. You and your teachers are good pals.

It's easy to get to know teachers and professors when there are only 15 people in the class. Also, chances are you've been able to reach them for office hours.

11."It's just like high school only a little bigger."

If you had a dollar for every time you heard this you would have enough money to cover your tuition.