11 Super-Fun Things To Do This Winter Break

Have some fun!
3

1. Shop!

While there is usually a huge increase in shopping in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with deals abounding at practically every store after Turkey Day, many people underestimate the after-Christmas sales that take place, too. Can you say, "shopping spree"?

2. Start (and finish?) a new Netflix show!

That Netflix queue that you've been lining up all year full of shows that everyone has told you you just have to watch? What better time to watch than on break when you have no responsibility other than to relax?

3. Eat!

With so many parties taking place there are always new and fun holiday themed foods and desserts to try around this time of year, not to mention that after the parties are over, there are always delicious leftovers to snack on!

4. Go on vacation!

Because it is such a popular time to take off from school and work, there are always an abundant amount of vacation packages to choose from this time of year. Caribbean cruise? Count me in!

5. Watch a new movie!

Around the holidays, Oscar Season is just around the corner. Because of this, many of the best movies of the year are released right around the end of December, offering a perfect way to occupy time over the break.

6. Relax!

The days leading up to holiday festivities can be very stressful. While you are on break take time to get a massage or curl up in front of the fire with a new book and a mug of hot cocoa.

7. Visit old friends!

So many people return to hometowns during the season to be with family, but why not catch up with old friends while you're back with your parents, too? Go out to lunch, get coffee, go sledding! Reunions are awesome.

8. Catch up on sleep!

School is exhausting. Work is exhausting. Life is exhausting. Honestly, who isn't sleep deprived? Take advantage of your time off and sleep in. Catch up on those much-needed Zz's.

9. Go on day trips!

You have time off, now go have fun! Go see a Broadway Show, grab a group of friends and go hiking, explore a new part of a city. Day trips are a great way to have little adventures without breaking the bank.

10. Make a new friend!

Introduce yourself to someone new at a holiday party and make a new friend. The holiday season is all about warmth and giving, so why not extend the spirit to someone new?

11. Spend quality family time!

Ultimately, the holiday season is all about spending time with your family and friends and those you love. What better way to ring in the new year than with those who mean the most to you?