11 Things Student Athletes Say All The Time

9. I'm never sore.

270
Troy Athletics

As a student athlete at Troy University myself, I've become accustomed to what comes out of most athletes mouths. However, I'm also aware of what never comes out of an athletes mouth. Guess for yourself how honest these 11 phrases are...

1. I'm going to graduate with a 4.0 GPA.

Ha. This is pretty much close to impossible as a Division I athlete. The goal for most athletes is a 3.0 or higher.

2. I got all 8 hours of sleep!

I can't remember the last time I consistently got 8 or more hours of sleep.

3. I have so much free time.

What. What's free time?

4. I dress up and look good (and smell good) to class every day.

If dress up consists of a non-smelly/sweaty t-shirt and hair thrown up into a bun, then sure, I guess I 'dress up'.

5. I get to sleep in all the time.

Sleep in???? I won't be able to sleep in until Christmas break.

6. I love working out for fun.

For fun? Running 10 300's for fun? Nope.

7. I always get my homework done on time.

Okay, I'm not a lazy careless student, BUT to say I get my homework done on time every single day would be a lie. It's hard to get it all done unless you stay up till 1 AM and lose an extra two hours of sleep.

8. I don't like naps, I'd rather socialize.

Are you kidding?? I spend my day planning out when I can take the next nap.

9. I'm never sore.

* I'm always sore.

10. I get to go visit my family all the time.

You mean like over Christmas break right?

11. I love going out with my friends every weekend.

*going to a different state every weekend for a game right?

Our lifestyle is unlike any average college student. Not saying it's better or worse, however, because of the differences, the things we say are also often times very different as well. Yet even with a lack of sleep, over tired and sore muscles, and deprivation of social time...we wouldn't change it for the world.