11 Things I Strongly Like

11 Things I Strongly Like

Because everyone needs more optimism in their life

216
11 Things I Strongly Like
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/19/636439856412531351-1341571897_happy-smile-and-sad-smile-wallpaper.jpg

Recently another member from my Odyssey Community wrote "10 Things I Strongly Dislike" because in his words, he's sort of a pessimist. Well I think the world needs more optimism so here's my own list of 11 things I strongly like. Because life always has more positivity than negativity.

1. Chocolate Chip Pancakes

It combines two of the best things: Breakfast foods and chocolate. How could you strongly dislike something like this?

2. My Roommate and Her Dog

She's just a wonderful person and Torie her dog is the best emotional support out there! And just look how cute they are!

3. Kesha's Newest Album: Rainbow

It has everything. Party tracks ('Boots' and 'Boogie Feet'). Songs to celebrate you ('Let Em Talk' and 'Woman'). Songs to say screw the haters ('Let Em Talk' and 'Learn to Let Go'). Songs to give you all the feelings ('Praying' and 'Spaceship'). In addition to the killer comeback album, you can't help but love her honesty and vulnerability put into every. single. track.

4. Funny Protest Signs

Protesting is some serious business (especially under current administration). But if you ever need a laugh, look no further than an image search for "Funny Protest Signs." With everything from sarcasm, puns, references to Harry Potter and just pain sassy ones, they are sure to make you laugh.

5. Books make you seriously feel something and think about everything.

Shout out to some of favorites: "The Princess Saves Herself In This One" by Amanda Lovelace and "13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher.

6. College Discounts

Everything is expensive, I'm broke, hungry, perpetually tired, and stressed. Cheaper things in life are the best.

7. Wearing mismatched socks

Because wearing matching socks are for boring adults.

8. Graffiti in the bathroom at bars

Have you ever seen such drunk and wonderfully humorous tidbits of wisdom?

9. Latte Art

In addition to the actual delicious Latte, how can you not appreciate when the barista adds latte art? Shout out to my favorite coffee place: Caffeology.

10. People I talk to at work who give me funny stories to tell

I work at the alumni call center on campus, and some of the people are entertaining. One of my recent favorites was a prospect who lived in one of the Carolinas, and asked if Canisius supported free speech. I told him yes of course (after all it is a First Amendment right). Then he asked even for conservatives? And if I was sure. I explained that my professors have tried to make classrooms open forums for discussion of politically charged topics without attacking the individuals. Then he asked who I voted for in 2012. I told him I couldn't vote in that election. He then asked if I was a felon. Because apparently being a felon is more likely than me being under 18 in the 2012 election.

11. Spontaneous Solo Adventures

Everyone needs to take more time for themselves and what better way to do so than get out and do something new or going somewhere you love that you want to go to more?