11 Struggles Of Move-In Day

11 Struggles Of Move-In Day

Obstaces every college student faces when they move in for the semester.

6
11 Struggles Of Move-In Day
Shore West

College students all across the country begin moving back into their dorms rooms for the year, and I don't know about you, but I am dreading the process of moving. It's exciting to be back at school to see friends and roommates and sure, I get to decorate a whole new room, but there are some unavoidable obstacles that we all need to get past before we get to the fun stuff. Here are a few of the obstacles I, along with many others, will be facing in the next week.

1. Finding all the things you lost over the summer

Of course, I will have lost all my school supplies and half of my clothes.

2. Playing Tetris in your car.

Trust me, there is a way to fit everything in one trip.

3. Finding a parking spot close to your dorm.

You may have to drive the wrong way down some one way streets, but front row parking is a necessity!

4. Figuring out what to move in first

The wrong move could send everything tumbling down (if you've played car tetris incorrectly), but you've got to start somewhere right?

5. Stairs.

Need I say more?

6. Moving furniture that seems stuck to the floor.

On the upside, there's no need to go the gym later!

7. Keeping your parents from embarrassing you in front of your new neighbors.

I know it's their job, but I have to live near these people for a whole year!

8. Trying to fit all your things into a small room.

Lets face it, dorm rooms are small. Fitting all your stuff in is never an easy feat.

9. Resisting the urge to give up halfway through.

At some point, you begin to think it might be easier to just live out of a suitcase.

10. Finding all the things your mom "put away" for you.

"If I were my mom, where would I have put my shower caddy?"

11. When you're finally done, and realize you forgot something very important at home.

This is the worst of all, but don't worry there's always ups.

I hope everybody has a smooth move in day, and hopefully you will only have to face a few of the items on this list!